Phantom 3 with H4-3D and GoPro

Reaction score
I think Phantom 3 with H4-3D gimbal and GoPro Camera would be perfect for most of us - aerial filming.
The image quality of GoPro is much better than P3 camera.

Is anybody know about DJI's plan in that matter?

Hi Fly777, who just joined today, and this is your first comment on the forum. "Is anybody know about DJI's plan .." are you a troll bot, or just struggling with grammar
Hmmmm, I think that's a bit presumptuous, to assume that the GoPro is a "better" image.
They are basically the same sensor, a Exmor-R sensor, with different lenses.

Yes ... DJI's plan is clear. No Gopro.
DJI has moved beyond the early days of strapping a Gopro onto a drone and having to deal with fisheye.
Do you have anything to prove that a Gopro has much better image quality than a P3?

But the main point about the p3 is the camera. What much difference would there be between a p2 and p3 with gopro? Maybe further distance but that's about it.

Sorry for my gramma :) I'm not perfect.

I've seen films on Youtube and the difference are visible - the image from P3 camera is darker, has a blue tint and when you add contrast the image is like a compact camera.

Isn't one benefit of a gopro that it allows you to mix footage from different sources e.g. it can be used for aerial footage, put on a hand held gimbal and even strapped to a labrador. All of which can be edited more easily as the perspective and source is the same?

I am not saying the gopro is perfect, I have ordered a P3, but there is something to be said for a removable camera.

Isn't one benefit of a gopro that it allows you to mix footage from different sources e.g. it can be used for aerial footage, put on a hand held gimbal and even strapped to a labrador. All of which can be edited more easily as the perspective and source is the same?

I am not saying the gopro is perfect, I have ordered a P3, but there is something to be said for a removable camera.

The Gopro is a great camera and very versatile, the phrase "Jack of all trades, Master of none" does spring to mind though. Don't get me wrong I think it is the best action camera on the market, which is what it was designed for. It definitely had the edge over the V+ for image quality but I am hoping the P3 will now give you equal video quality but will have the edge as no fish eye. I'm certainly not going to judge it on some of what I have seen so far as post production can have a massive effect based on compression etc. plus it would be so easy for an unscrupulous individual to post poor footage from any source and label it as P3P 4k ............. Not that I think that would ever happen..... ;)

My Vote P3 for aerial, Gopro for Labrador

LOL...GoPro camera is better..says the guy that hasn't tested P3 yet, truth is, the footage from P3 out there today are not from production line, they are prototypes. Also you never know what the user who posts images / videos does to the footage before it gets uploaded.

Also GoPro uses fish eye lens, that's so 2008.

All GoPro fanboys are gonna keep bashing on DJI because they can't join the game with their fish eye cameras.

I think Phantom 3 with H4-3D gimbal and GoPro Camera would be perfect for most of us - aerial filming.
The image quality of GoPro is much better than P3 camera.

Is anybody know about DJI's plan in that matter?
While i agree it would have been good if dji released just a p3 with a gopro gimbal I'm not sure yet if the go pro will be better than the new upgraded p3 camera, i did like the fact you have more options with a gopro, the 2.7k option looked great, it was the sweet spot for this sort of thing. I have ordered a p3 with plenty of doubts in my mind but i won't cancel it because i know it will be easy to sell and get a p2 if it turns out rubbish.

For anyone that feels they really need to fly a Gopro, the 3DR Solo will allow you to and for the first time, you can control your camera in flight. It costs a lot more than a P3 and lacks a lot of the features but if you are a diehard Gopro fan it could be the way to get your Gopro fisheye jollies.

Forums are full of that kind of nonsense - heated debates about nothing by people that know very little.
That no-one has a P3 and we're all guessing and anticipating only makes this stuff more intense.
If you take every forum post, you'd never buy anything.

I understand this p3 vs labrador gopro. I have a vplus hack with a h33d and gopro hybrid. I hated the v+ cam as the 1080p was a fat let down.

I think gopro ruined the relationship by not allowing the h33d to use the rear 30pin port. This is why there is a h33d 1.0 and 1.1.

But now I'm satisfied (hopefully) as the quality and data rate has improved and there is so much bang for buck in the new p3.

It would be good to see a good review with the P3A side but side with the GP 3+ black and the P3P next to the GP 4 Black. Would also be good to see the P3P set to 1080p 60 next to a P3A set to the same setting to see if there is any difference.

Has DJI came out and said that they wont do a GoPro set up on the P3. If so has anyone got a link to this info?

The distance range of the P3 is nothing special, maybe compared to Visions that had range problems.

What some of you no-interest money lenders seem to ignore is that a 5 minute aerial video is boring, no matter what the copter is.
What you fail to recognize is that the P3 camera is a single purpose, single weather camera.

I personally combine aerial, handheld gimbal, car gimbal and long time-lapses to make an interesting video from with as many views as possible. Just looking down from a couple hundred meteres isn't that cool anymore.

The P3 is very restrictive in this sense, as far as we think there won't be a GoPro option.

Last edited:
The distance range of the P3 is nothing special, maybe compared to Visions that had range problems.

What some of you no-interest money lenders seem to ignore is that a 5 minute aerial video is boring, no matter what the copter is.
What you fail to recognize is that the P3 camera is a single purpose, single weather camera.

I personally combine aerial, handheld gimbal, car gimbal to make an interesting video from with as many views as possible. Just looking down from a couple hundred meteres isn't that cool anymore.
People buy these things for different purposes. I personally bought it as a hobby flyer, to get a look at the world from a different perspective, and maybe take some cool photos and videos if I feel like it. You are of course entitled to your own opinion based on what you use quads for. I think looking down from a couple hundred meters is still pretty cool, and that's my opinion.

The distance range of the P3 is nothing special
Two kilometres with HD video and all the camera control offered by the app is pretty special.

The P3 is very restrictive in this sense, as far as we think there won't be a GoPro option.
Like all cameras, the P3 will be as restrictive as the imagination of the operator allows it to be.

I personally combine aerial, handheld gimbal, car gimbal and long time-lapses to make an interesting video from with as many views as possible. Just looking down from a couple hundred meteres isn't that cool anymore.

Horses for coarses..... if I want aerial, Phantom 3......if I want action, Gopro...... if I want best quality stills, Canon SLR.... I don't understand why the P3 is getting bashed because the camera wont come off, each camera has is limitations, I for one love the fact the the P3 will come as a complete integrated package and I can use the Gopro or Canon when the situation calls for it....... even all at the same time.....:eek:

Horses for coarses..... if I want aerial, Phantom 3......if I want action, Gopro...... if I want best quality stills, Canon SLR.... I don't understand why the P3 is getting bashed because the camera wont come off, each camera has is limitations, I for one love the fact the the P3 will come as a complete integrated package and I can use the Gopro or Canon when the situation calls for it....... even all at the same time.....:eek:

Its not that. It's the fact that the integrated system is useless without the camera. Now I wouldn't mind if dji made the ribbon flex cable available for 10 bucks. But no... dji will make a fortune and take advantage of this and charge you 800 for a replacement camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic