Phantom 3 Wish List...

Reaction score
So far I really like this quadcopter and although it's my first "real" quad (had an X5C before) there are already some things I would wish for on this.

- Telephoto zoom lens would be totally awesome!!
- A mic would be nice. Yeah I know lots of buzzing and stuff but sound can be removed easily and it's much harder to place the dog bark or other sounds where needed. A mic with an enable or disable feature would be great.
- Device charger from the remote. Yeah, it may drain the battery just a bit on the remote but I can't imagine it being significant and it would be great if it even just maintained a charge to the phone/tablet to keep from draining it.
- Flashing lights as warnings?? How about easy to read indicators on the FPV device or something?
- Proximity sensors. I haven't found a real need for anything I have done yet but can see this as being a plus at some point. Integrated into the FPV to tell you how far objects are from the camera.. now we're talking...
- Downloadable DJI Director app for Mac or PC so I don't have to do this stuff on the phone, connected to the remote, streaming from the quadcopter.. :-/
- Easy to find/post flight logs. Maybe it is but I haven't found it yet.
- Wasp costume. Say what?? Everyone says it sounds like a big wasp. Very surprised someone hasn't come up with a big wasp costume to make folks on the ground look up and see a giant wasp flying around. Now that would be funny!!

This isn't a review but I really want to complement this quadcopter too.
- Rock solid stability, thanks GPS and VPS!!
- Easy to fly and maneuver. Hovers like a dream.
- Feature rich with the DJI pilot app. Almost everything can be set on the 'fly', pardon the pun.
- 20+ minute flight time. Awesome!
- Range of the remote and video. Wow.. If you only knew what I have done to the X5C with antenna mods JUST to get another 10+ meters out of it.. OMG.. This is heaven.
- Video is so crisp and clean and beautiful. People have commented how it looks like professional filming.
- Fast! 35mph is hauling but then again I'm new to this market so what do I know... ;-)
- FPV. This is so cool. Even on my dinky iPhone 6 screen.
- Remote features. Having so many controls on the remote is great.
- Return to home that sets the home point at each location automatically (with a strong GPS signal) Yeah, I heard the stories of the drone that flew home to the last home point only to never be seen again..

Reactions: dalebb
- Telephoto zoom lens would be totally awesome!!

What do you need telephoto for perv? :D

lol, I kid I kid....But really what do you need telephoto for perv?

download.jpg

Reactions: Barrattrn
What do you need telephoto for perv? :D

lol, I kid I kid....But really what do you need telephoto for perv?

View attachment 24741
Probably because I have a fear of running into a tree so I fly 100' to make sure I don't fly into a tree. Either that or I have a buddy that wants to build compound for when our economy collapses and thinks having some drones to patrol would be a good idea. If you are going to spy you need a telephoto. :)

So your lack of response on the Wasp Costume must mean you agree with that which would also be a great disguise allowing closer views with the camera undetected... hmmm... ;-)

Reactions: jlo
Probably because I have a fear of running into a tree so I fly 100' to make sure I don't fly into a tree. Either that or I have a buddy that wants to build compound for when our economy collapses and thinks having some drones to patrol would be a good idea. If you are going to spy you need a telephoto. :)

So your lack of response on the Wasp Costume must mean you agree with that which would also be a great disguise allowing closer views with the camera undetected... hmmm... ;-)

:D

You know I wouldn't be surprised if some one came out with a slip on multiplier. I think that very thing is one of peoples biggest concerns about these though...telephoto capabilities, not wasp costumes, that is. For post-apocalyptic recon though, it would be a pretty solid feature.

I'd love to have dual cameras so we could have 3dish stereoscopic vision with some of these new 3d headsets coming out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20