Phantom 3 Wifi

Reaction score
My phantom 3 standard wifi hasn't been working recently, I've turned on the controller and the phantom and when I go to my phones wifi there is no phantom network to connect to. I have flown it before with the wifi on and there were no problems.

It could be interference from surrounding Wi-Fi networks. Try again in a place you know there will be less Wi-Fi (e.g. in a field, or as far away as you can get from any buildings).

It could be interference from surrounding Wi-Fi networks. Try again in a place you know there will be less Wi-Fi (e.g. in a field, or as far away as you can get from any buildings).
Ok thanks would it make a difference that I had a small knock recently but it was still working after that?

Ok thanks would it make a difference that I had a small knock recently but it was still working after that?
I wouldn’t have thought so, but you never know if a knock causes any internal issues.

I know that sometimes I don’t see my Phantom’s Wi-Fi network when I’m inside my house and I have to go to the bottom of the garden to see it (at least 10m from the house). That’s why it’s worth trying going somewhere where there are going to be fewer other Wi-Fi networks.

I wouldn’t have thought so, but you never know if a knock causes any internal issues.

I know that sometimes I don’t see my Phantom’s Wi-Fi network when I’m inside my house and I have to go to the bottom of the garden to see it (at least 10m from the house). That’s why it’s worth trying going somewhere where there are going to be fewer other Wi-Fi networks.
Thanks I tried this and found it once but when I got into the dji go app there was no signal coming through it and it kept saying interference detected and there was not any video or telemetry or anything although I could still move the gimbal. When I tried this again it wouldn't find the network again even though I hadn't moved from the spot away from wifi.

On a Std, your WiFi network comes from the remote, so without the Phantom powered on your mobile device would see the Phantom network, and could connect, DJI-Go, would be telling you to connect your Phantom.

I had similar issues months ago, and found that if I turn the remote on and wait 20 - 30 seconds, then check on my phone for the Phantom WiFi, it shows up religiously, but if I try any sooner, it won't show up.
I saw others saying the same in other threads here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Nope it is still not working away from wifi after waiting for at least a minute for the wifi.

I am doing this outside trying to get away from any conflicting signals like I have been advised to.

Did you ever get this figured out? My FrankenPhantom controller wifi cannot be seen. Went in basement where only visible wifi was the home wifi. Does not show up in wireless analyzer that points out hidden networks etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20