Phantom 3 Updates ?

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next update will be available?
It's been three months since the last 1.6.0040

Reactions: Sinisalo
my guess is P3P owners will get 120fps slow motion like the P4. A new DJI Go app will be released when the P4 is released, (today doesn't count). With the new Go app I think the P3 line will also get logs to show their flight stats in the app (don't have to pay for healthydrones). So basically I think there may or may not be a firmware update in the next week or so for the P3.

As the SW/ FW gets matured, frequency of updates reduces. Feature updates are not frequent. As Sinisalo said there could be a feature update along with P4 release.

my guess is P3P owners will get 120fps slow motion like the P4. A new DJI Go app will be released when the P4 is released, (today doesn't count). With the new Go app I think the P3 line will also get logs to show their flight stats in the app (don't have to pay for healthydrones). So basically I think there may or may not be a firmware update in the next week or so for the P3.
What, and no 5K camera boost? Too bad... ;-)
I wish @dji would release the full list of files in future firmware udates or Go app upgrades.
I realize it's a lot to wish for... Ha

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
I've heard that the Go App will be updated again on Monday so maybe then we will get a new firmware version for the P3

is there an option not to update? i get the impression its automatically done? so for the drone i had to manually update, but with the remote it did it automatically.
You don't have to update the app, the drone, or the RC. None of them are updated automatically, though the app may update on it's own if you have allowed that to happen via your settings.

Reactions: JoBe
is there an option not to update? i get the impression its automatically done? so for the drone i had to manually update, but with the remote it did it automatically.
Yes you can set it as per your wish. It depends on your App updates settings on your device. I never go for auto updates.

Is it true that we had an 2.6.1 app update for Android where it was claimed that it doesn't allow non-DJI batteries any more?

You don't have to update the app, the drone, or the RC. None of them are updated automatically, though the app may update on it's own if you have allowed that to happen via your settings.
thanks oso, but how do I prevent that from happening? I know about the drone but my remote updated automatically, just like my battery did once I put it in the dron . how do I prevent these automatic updates?

thanks oso, but how do I prevent that from happening? I know about the drone but my remote updated automatically, just like my battery did once I put it in the dron . how do I prevent these automatic updates?
I can't say how to prevent the RC from automatically updating because I have never heard of it happening to anyone. It won't update unless the user initiates the update.

As for the app, it will update when a new version is available unless you have disabled that option on your device. Many people have had an app update they didn't want because they failed to disable auto updates.

As for the batteries, yes they update if they need to when new FW is released as long as the bin is on the SD card. This is by design.

Is it true that we had an 2.6.1 app update for Android where it was claimed that it doesn't allow non-DJI batteries any more?

There are videos showing that non DJI battery's will not allow motor starts. Something that snook in with 2.61.

I can't say how to prevent the RC from automatically updating because I have never heard of it happening to anyone. It won't update unless the user initiates the update.

As for the app, it will update when a new version is available unless you have disabled that option on your device. Many people have had an app update they didn't want because they failed to disable auto updates.

As for the batteries, yes they update if they need to when new FW is released as long as the bin is on the SD card. This is by design.

thanks oso. could you/anyone please point me specifically to where i can disable these settings? i looked in the dji app(my copter was not connected) and couldnt find it.

thanks PA. oh wow, ok that's easy enough for the app. now how do i prevent the remote from doing the same automatically?
The RC wont update on it's own automatically. Sorry, I thought I was clear on that in my earlier post. My bad for not being clear.
The best way to keep your RC from updating is to not initiate the update yourself.
If there is an RC update available and you choose to do the update, you can follow the steps in this post:
P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

I hope that helps some. Cheers!

Last edited:
Neither the aircraft or RC should update on their own without you authorizing them to do so.
thanks oso/dirty bird. the aircraft im aware of, but i remember the RC doing it on its own and i know i didnt authorize it. maybe i did but good to know. .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub