Phantom 3 stops recording in flight

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my Phantom 3 stopping video recording in flight. It did it with the card that came with it, I upgraded to a 32 gig Sandisk extreme. Problem is the same. I have reformatted the card in camera multiple times, upgraded the firmware. Re-installed the firmware. Same problem. After the latest upgrade it extended the time till it stopped recording, but also would stop recording and change to still photo mode. At first it would stop under a minute, now I have made it as far as 2 minutes but it does the same.

I realize that a time or two I might have bumped the recording switch on the remote controller, but a test of the copter hovering nearby with the controller sitting on a table not being touched yielded the same result. I am considering that I might have to return it. Any observations?

BTW, this is in the 4K 30fps mode as well as 4K 24fps. I will try HD1080 next. I suspect their 4K is not ready for prime time.

Did you ever find out what the problem was?

Thanks for the reply on an old thread.
Today the video stopped recording a couple minutes into flight.
First thought was I must have touch the video button. But no response to video or photo.
Flew home and still nothing when on ground. Shut everything down, restarted and all good.
Put in fresh battery and flew 20 minutes. No problems.
These phantoms are quirky things.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic