Phantom 3 Standard - time to mod - tired of small range

You're doing something wrong if that's the range you're getting. That or it's a defective bird.

What's stopping you from flying past 160m? Do you lose the video signal, the control signal, both, or neither?

What's stopping you from flying past 160m? Do you lose the video signal, the control signal, both, or neither?
It starts "weak remote signal". And then signal lost and then rth.

Sometimes its up to 200 but barely.

antenna should be horizontal if you're directly above. if you're out and up you need to keep the antenna parallel to the vertical part of landing gear.

try putting the antenna perpendicular to the ground and flying straight out at 50 ft (or as low as you can go without hitting something) and see how far you can get.

antenna should be horizontal if you're directly above. if you're out and up you need to keep the antenna parallel to the vertical part of landing gear.

try putting the antenna perpendicular to the ground and flying straight out at 50 ft (or as low as you can go without hitting something) and see how far you can get.
Have tried that and here's where the biggest mystery kicks in:) it goes away to 460-480meters. The altitude was 50meters. The same park.

Have tried that and here's where the biggest mystery kicks in:) it goes away to 460-480meters. The altitude was 50meters. The same park.
so wait, are you trying to say you can't get higher than 50 meters?

so wait, are you trying to say you can't get higher than 50 meters?
Nono. I cant get higher then 150-190 meters. But away from me i am able to get to around 480 meters. But thats on height of 40-50 meters.

So you are able to get out to 460-480 but can't get higher than 50 m at this distance? It sounds to me like you are not positioning antenna correctly as mentioned. Plus my range is roughly 500-600 meters with the standard so you are about on par.

Nono. I cant get higher then 150-190 meters. But away from me i am able to get to around 480 meters. But thats on height of 40-50 meters.

You might want to add this your second P3S correct.

Last edited:
So you are able to get out to 460-480 but can't get higher than 50 m at this distance? It sounds to me like you are not positioning antenna correctly as mentioned. Plus my range is roughly 500-600 meters with the standard so you are about on par.
But why i cant get higher then 200 meters with horizontal antenna right above my head?

Depends on a lot of factors. I have found that in my experience flying directly above me even with a horizontal antenna gives really bad signal. Getting up over 200 m is decent, especially if you are in any kind of city.

Depends on a lot of factors. I have found that in my experience flying directly above me even with a horizontal antenna gives really bad signal. Getting up over 200 m is decent, especially if you are in any kind of city.
So i should get away 50 meters and try going up and antenna should be perpendicular? I tried this also i think.

P.s. its a 500 meter wide open area in the middle of the city

Heres exactly what im talking about

Attachments

• 1449063761345.jpg
    1449063761345.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 670
Have you upgraded the firmware? I had this same problem when I first got mine. It seemed to happen more when running an android device, and before I updated firmware. Strange, but it worked for me.

Have you upgraded the firmware? I had this same problem when I first got mine. It seemed to happen more when running an android device, and before I updated firmware. Strange, but it worked for me.
Firmware is updated. It requested to do so from the app and i did.
And how is android device connected wih this problem? It says weak remote signal

I haven't updated mine yet, need time to fly it just before and after, also kind of scared flew fine on Turkey-Day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers