Phantom 3 Standard, Samsung Gear VR, and persistent Oculus Home app

How did you solve it?! (and why is this post empty?) I have this exact problem, I tried both Litchi and droneVR and the Samsung app kicks on every time I put my Samsung Edge in the goggles...

Sent from my SM-T810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It probably would have been more helpful to future readers, to have left your original post in place, then edit the original post by adding the solution.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dazzauk
Agreed, I am curious about this as well. I am looking at fpv and will be using the same hardwarw/software

OK I got this working, found a part on here that mentioned the trick is to put the phone into the goggles *without* plugging it in to the usb connector. If you lift the connector thingy all the way up you can actually slide the phone in under it so it doesn't connect, which is what kicks up the Samsung app. Once I realized that, it worked like a charm. Although the resolution is horrible, at least on the Litchi app. Was soooo cool, but the resolution was so bad I didn't even want to keep using it. Maybe I should try drone VR? Maybe someone has experience with both...

Sent from my SM-T810 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did this with Drone VR. Worked ok, you just need to use rubber bands or something to secure the phone to the Gear VR goggles. I learned that the hard way, after my Samsung S7 fell out of the goggles.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj