Phantom 3 Standard - Ribbon cable broken?

Reaction score
I have had a lot of gimbal problems lately, and to this point im not sure what the problem is. The gimbal does not stay horizontal, but starts fading its own way. This happens while turning and while doing agressive moves (braking, moving). Ive resetted all the settings, calibrations have been done multiple times but the problem still occurs.
After inspecting the craft, i found a small dent in the ribbon cable. Im not sure how it got there, But i havent had any crashes. Replacing it is an option, but i want to be sure it is the problem before buying the cable.

18268305_832348820280567_5456846665713123017_n.jpg

My gut thought is unless you can tell it is broken internally at that dent, the only true way to tell if it's hosed would b to use a meter on the connectors to check for shorts/continuity on each pin.

Can you "Fold" that dent back out flat? Then retry?

I'd think you would have worse issues with the gimbal if the ribbon were cut, but that would depend on what those lines in the dent area are tasked with signal wise.

Reactions: J3lle
Fixed it. Calibrated everything again, flattend out the cable as @RW-1 mentioned and it flys like it should again. Not sure what did it. Thanks for your help.

Cool, good to hear! It didn't look cut to me, I'd rather think the recal corrected it.

Can you tell though what may have placed the dent? Camera movement, etc. ?

You may want to investigate that, can't see it being normal if a component can hit the ribbon like that.

Cool, good to hear! It didn't look cut to me, I'd rather think the recal corrected it.

Can you tell though what may have placed the dent? Camera movement, etc. ?

You may want to investigate that, can't see it being normal if a component can hit the ribbon like that.

Not sure what caused it. Camera/gimbal movement is not it. Could've been the gimbal clamp, ive travelled a lot with the drone lately so i took it on and off a lot. Blaming myself i guess ;)

Not sure what caused it. Camera/gimbal movement is not it. Could've been the gimbal clamp, ive travelled a lot with the drone lately so i took it on and off a lot. Blaming myself i guess ;)

A possibility, I wouldn't blame yourself though, the clamp shouldn't compress or dent a ribbon either.

I'd just keep an eye on it that's all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav