Phantom 3 Standard Remote Charging LEDS But losing power

Reaction score
Okay so i bought a Phantom 3 Standard from a gentleman around the beginning of June and have enjoyed it since but now im running into a problem, i can plug in the remote to charge it and the LED turns on and is red like its charging but it never actually charges, i even turned on the remote and tried to charge and could see the battery life LED's going left to right like it was charging but i came back about an hour later and i went from 3 to 2 LED's, now im currently looking at the controllers insides and have noticed what looks like some scraping on the board almost as if someone put a screwdriver in that one hole on the back of the controller trying to unscrew something, would that have anything to do with the remote being unable to charge?

Attachments

• 20170709_132820.jpg
    20170709_132820.jpg
    959.4 KB · Views: 423
Boy would I say yes to that!! Lifted capacitor, resistor off the pad, and traces scratched through....
Damaged.jpg

Not necessarily. Although I don't have the schematic, if I had to guess those parts could be re-soldered to the pads and the trace repaired. Personally I could do it, however without the schematic, I would only be guessing on which pad to place which part. This appears to be a voltage divider circuit or something similar. As long as the parts are not disturbed or broken and if I had to take a wag at it, I would say the the resistor and the capacitor go on the pads shown nearest them. The trace ( Unless its a mutilayer board) which I do not know could be repaired fairly easily by someone who has good soldering experience, and a fine tip iron. I would just take it to someone who has soldering experience and take a wag at it, since you have no warranty anyway, what would it hurt. And be much less expensive than a new controller, if it works that is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20