Phantom 3 Standard OFDM

Reaction score
Hello all,
Been a phantom flyer for about a week now. Lots of lessons learned in the short amount of time. I've had to replace a few parts already (camera, broken gimbal, gimbal ribbon cable, 2.4Ghz wifi antennaes on the bird, position sensor). All parts I have been able to find relatively easily, except for my latest damage. It is the OFDM board on the gimbal. The top board. I have been able to track down the OFDM for the advanced / pro very easily, but not for the standard. The standard only has 2 u.fl connectors for the antennas while the pro/advanced have 4. Being that I have multiple parts for all the things I've swapped out, I was able to diagnose that it's the OFDM board.. but I want to have 2 working gimbal / camera setups and I need the board to fix the current one that is dead.

Does anyone know where I can find the OFDM for the standard online?

Welcome to the forum!, wow what a start.:eek:
Somebody here should help you out,
OFDM board?, I don't recall that term used before.

Rod

@Rod.. tell me about it.. I'm spending a lot more than I thought I would in parts, but the joy of flying is well worth it. I bought the standard so I can play with it and if it crashes / I lose it, I'm not out $1000+. I have a wedding in August of next year which I plan on providing drone footage for, so this is what my end game is. As far as OFDM board... If you google it, you will see that this is what DJI uses as the term for the board. Not sure what it stands for, but it's a pain to try and find one online. Still no answer on whether the 4k OFDM will work. Anyone know?

Would this board be inside the gimbal?
Just wondering.

Rod

Yes..it's inside the gimbal.. it's the top most board.. in the pic below it is inside the metal housing:

medium_9.jpg

Thanks, your answer will help me and others later, still hoping for somebody throw a clue to you, your way farther than I would go into repairing it.

Rod

I see that the 4k has the board similar to the standard (2 u.fl connector for the antennas).. does anyone know if this board will work on the standard?

Buy Phantom 3 4K - WiFi Video Downlink Air Unit Module | DJI Store
I beg to differ with you but I have both these quads. The 4K does not have the antenna plug in's like the P3S. I am guessing the board for the 4K is the same as the Advance or Pro. I may be wrong , but they are both 4k . Some guy said the Lightbridge made them different but they use the same gimbal ribbon cable I know for sure. I have mine apart now waiting on the cable.

I beg to differ with you but I have bite these quads. The 4K does not have the antenna plug in's like the P3S. I am guessing the board for the 4K is the same as the Advance or Pro. I may be wrong , but they are both 4k . Some guy said the Lightbridge made them different but they use the same gimbal ribbon cable I know for sure. I have mine apart now waiting on the cable.
Also the standard has one plug in on the board for ribbon cable and the 4k has two.

I have a spare p3s gimbal that has a broken ribbon. I had to have it quick so I bought another whole gimbal complete for $209. I can't let you have because I want to rebuilt it. Just wanted you to know the good price I got.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I beg to differ with you but I have both these quads. The 4K does not have the antenna plug in's like the P3S. I am guessing the board for the 4K is the same as the Advance or Pro. I may be wrong , but they are both 4k . Some guy said the Lightbridge made them different but they use the same gimbal ribbon cable I know for sure. I have mine apart now waiting on the cable.
Ah... ok. I was just asking. Thanks for the answer that they are definitely not the same board. I ended up buying a used cam/gimbal assembly for 80 bucks on ebay. Fixed the gimbal dance problem and got me a perfectly working unit!

Ah... ok. I was just asking. Thanks for the answer that they are definitely not the same board. I ended up buying a used cam/gimbal assembly for 80 bucks on ebay. Fixed the gimbal dance problem and got me a perfectly working unit!
The 4K has two plug in's on it where the gray plugs plug in.

I know that's why I posted it. And it's got STA stamped on it which also give that away. More helpful would be a pic of the 4k one.
Mine is on the bird rite now , but it has two cable plug ins and a cooling fan given the sam view you have here.

ah ha !! that was what I was looking for to see if they were the same or not. Thank you! I'm really thinking of selling my standard and getting the 4k. After the ARGTek antennae mod I think this would be the best bang for the buck. What's your opinion ?

ah ha !! that was what I was looking for to see if they were the same or not. Thank you! I'm really thinking of selling my standard and getting the 4k. After the ARGTek antennae mod I think this would be the best bang for the buck. What's your opinion ?
Just removed it because I have a gimbal cable that is supposed to show up today. Sorry I was short on time last night to post. For me add a little over 100 bucks and get the 4k with more features and more features. Like I said I have both . Have never flown the 3S because I bought it crashed and in the process of getting it up and running without putting too much money in it. I truly believe the gimbal being broken off is the only problem with the 3S. I had my choice when I bought the 4K.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20