Phantom 3 Standard - No GPS No Satellites??

Reaction score
Hi P3 wise ones.

Bought a P3S for my son, use a P4Pro for work. After one flight and an update to 1.9 firmware his P3S will not lock onto any GPS sats (not one). We are on a farm, no interference. I have reloaded the firmware update, replaced the GPS unit with a new one, reset the IMU etc etc.

I can get a lock on plenty of sats with my garmin 64 gps so not a reception issue.

Getting close to putting this on a clay target thrower and calling PULL unless there is some wisdom on this board?!

Hi P3 wise ones.

Bought a P3S for my son, use a P4Pro for work. After one flight and an update to 1.9 firmware his P3S will not lock onto any GPS sats (not one). We are on a farm, no interference. I have reloaded the firmware update, replaced the GPS unit with a new one, reset the IMU etc etc.

I can get a lock on plenty of sats with my garmin 64 gps so not a reception issue.

Getting close to putting this on a clay target thrower and calling PULL unless there is some wisdom on this board?!
Hi Tikka,
I am very new to this but received advice from this forum about not updating the fw yet. I have a new p3s too.
Other posts suggesting "winding back" your fw to a previous version.
Good luck
Cheers,
Matt

Yes. Have spent today reinstalling software... I now have 7 sats showing but the signal strength bars go on and off up to 2-3 out of 5. It then drops to 6 sats and I get the GPS ready message for a couple of seconds before it is lost (back to atti mode). So frustrating. No problem locking onto sats with my P4P.

I've also found it very difficult to wind back firmware... It crashes (doing per various instructions, formated, after ac connects to rc insert m-usb etc etc., and then gives the option to upgrade back to v1.9.2 - I do wonder if this new version is the problem as was working with 1.8.t

This is what I get...mostly no lock and then once every while gps ready....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170715-163452.png
    Screenshot_20170715-163452.png
    706.5 KB · Views: 622
  • Screenshot_20170715-163503.png
    Screenshot_20170715-163503.png
    702.4 KB · Views: 569
Probably bad reflash, once i reflashed, one motor was totally dead, so i flashed same firmware again with DEBUG

Something not right here, or you guys installed this wrong or a bad calibration. I have same aircraft, same new firmware and it is working without issues. The range too is the same or better. I don't have any issue with my phantom or the firmware. GPS working with no issues.

Yep I have tried a 15 times rewinding the firmware then updating via DJI GO app. How do you mean flashed with DEBUG? What debug?

Debug:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wow, taking a long time to update, gets to 99% and goes back to 70% or 20% and builds up again. The 4th version packet test fails. Will keep trying. LEDs switch off during the upgrade and camera does some weird things...all normal apparently.

It may take up to 30 minutes. Make sure the battery is full before starting and wifi in home is strong if using the go app to download the fw.. Above all, leave it alone. It will pause for minutes at different intervals and temptation is to believe its stuck. Leave it be for at least 30 minutes.

Yep done all that...I get the constant buzz, red light solid, and failed upload message on the app when trying via the sd card. Updates fine with wifi update but still no start up jingle and no sat lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31