phantom 3 standard - new user

Reaction score
Hi, hope you can help me with a few questions. Do I need to use my phone to fly this drone? I don't have a data plan and don't know if I need one to make it work. The camera flops around - is this normal until its actually turned on and flying? How do I make it return 'home' without the app and a phone?

Hi, hope you can help me with a few questions. Do I need to use my phone to fly this drone? I don't have a data plan and don't know if I need one to make it work. The camera flops around - is this normal until its actually turned on and flying? How do I make it return 'home' without the app and a phone?
Did you get new or second hand has it got quick start manual ,,,can fly without but no way to calibrate etc,,

Did you get new or second hand has it got quick start manual ,,,can fly without but no way to calibrate etc,,
14936216507731896377220.jpg

And yes camera floppy till powered on ,,,just buy top up for phone go on app store djigo is app you want:)or borrow someone's Sim card from phone to download to you phone

No you don't need a phone to fly it. But you'll be losing out on a lot of features and information, and as has been said you wont be able to download updates.
It is normal for the camera to just flop around as you put it when there is no power to the drone.
If you do decide to fly without a phone the s2 switch top left is return to home. you have to flick it back and fourth a couple of times. But again you will not be able to set your return to home altitude without a phone or tablet with the go app installed.

You do not need a dataplan etc to get the DJI Go app. All you need is wifi. I have an ipad mini with wifi only and it downloaded the app just fine.
the return home can be initiated by toggling a switch on the controller (it's in the manual). you may have some issues with setting (changing) the return home altitude.
good luck

another quick question. Is it alright to plug my battery chargers in at night and leave them until the morning? Manual says they will shut off when done, but also says not a good idea to leave on too long.

another quick question. Is it alright to plug my battery chargers in at night and leave them until the morning? Manual says they will shut off when done, but also says not a good idea to leave on too long.
Yeh pays to charge and turn off ,,don't take long ,,to me that's a fire risk...:)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik