Phantom 3 standard motor mount/crack reinforcements?? HELP

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Since mine cracked on the 2nd flight, no hard landings or fast flights.

I was issued a new shell by the company I purchased it from. Which is what I requested rather than sending it to DJI on a waiting list..

But... replacing the shell is the very last step I want to take at the moment.

I have 2 hairline cracks under one one of my motors near the screws, which is really bugging me as I have to keep checking after every flight to make sure they are not getting wider (I think they are slowly).

I want to reinforce the cracks by installing some mounts so I get more out of the old shell first before I start replacing it.

Does anyone know where to buy some quality mounts that will fit the standard? Preferably a UK seller/company?

Cost doesn't matter. I can only find ones on eBay that are shipped from China which will take forever as they don't allow faster shipping to be selected.

Last edited:
^^
Or... should I get all tools ready and attempt to replace the shell with my new one?

I know it's a tough task getting the old shell apart.

The only thing is the new shell isn't the X-brace design like my very first p3 standard had -

it has the reinforcements around the edges of the arms but no X-brace in between the 4 motor screws.

I have to do something, I hate having cracks on a new machine like this..

Hey everyone.

Since mine cracked on the 2nd flight, no hard landings or fast flights.

I was issued a new shell by the company I purchased it from. Which is what I requested rather than sending it to DJI on a waiting list..

But... replacing the shell is the very last step I want to take at the moment.

I have 2 hairline cracks under one one of my motors near the screws, which is really bugging me as I have to keep checking after every flight to make sure they are not getting wider (I think they are slowly).

I want to reinforce the cracks by installing some mounts so I get more out of the old shell first before I start replacing it.

Does anyone know where to buy some quality mounts that will fit the standard? Preferably a UK seller/company?

Cost doesn't matter. I can only find ones on eBay that are shipped from China which will take forever as they don't allow faster shipping to be selected.

when I unboxed both my p3's I grabbed some 6 inch nylon wire wrap ties
I then installed one on each arm at the point by led and screws.

I figure the extra support may help absorb some of the torque when active breaking etc is working...

maybe something like that will slow down the progression

good luck and have fun flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik