Phantom 3 standard loses gimbal connection during flight

Reaction score
Just had my phantom 3 standard out for a rip today and was about 4-500 meters away when all of a sudden I had the message gimbal connection lost. Well I couldn't see the unit and I had no clue what to do except walk towards it until I could see it then drive it back to me while the whole time I had no camera or any info at all on my iPhone 6. I hit return home and nothing happened. Is there something I could have done different so I know for nextime? Also would it matter if I dropped the wifi connection to phantom and started it again to try and fix the problem?

That is a weird scenario. I understand all of it except for return to home not taking place. When my app freezes up after signal loss I will completely shut the App down and restart it. There's no harm in that your flight logs are broken into two anyway

That is a weird scenario. I understand all of it except for return to home not taking place. When my app freezes up after signal loss I will completely shut the App down and restart it. There's no harm in that your flight logs are broken into two anyway
I'm new to this and was worried that if I shut anything down that it would crash lol. But ya ive tested the return home before and worked perfectly every time but this time I'm not sure what happened.

I'm no pro, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Wouldn't "Gimbal disconnected" indicate a loss of video signal? If so, I don't believe that will initiate RTH. It takes a loss of signal between the controller and the Phantom to initiate RTH.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan