Phantom 3 Standard: Image transmission issues after new firmware

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had my Phantom 3 standard for half a year now, and for the most part I've had little-to-no issues, never even crashed. However, I just did the first firmware update for it since I first got it, 1.7.10 I believe. And now it's very strange because once I turn it all on (yes the controller is connected, I can control it) on my phone it says there is no image transmission signal, (as there is none) however it knows where it is and I can do pretty much everything else on my phone, it's just the image. After a couple minutes however, out of the blue it will start working no problem. This delay generally happens when I take one battery out and put another in. Now I probably shouldn't be posting just yet since I did this inside and I haven't had a chance to get away from all the wifi and try flying, but I never had this issue before. Granted I never turned it on here yet and its been a few weeks since I had a chance to fly it, but I thought this may be related to the new firmware. Please let me know if anyone else is having this issue and if there is a fix. This may just be my location after all.

Another question I have while I have the chance regarding firmware updates, do you have to update each battery individually? I ask this because when I did the first firmware update when I received it, I later realized I had an older firmware version when I had one battery in and the new with the other. I checked this on this new firmware update but they both appear to be the same which makes more sense. Then again I'm aware of all the compute hardware in the battery so this isn't clear to me.

Thank you, and I'll let you know how things go when I hope to get away and fly it tomorrow.

Additional Battery's well get updated when you use them.

Your image problem, I have seen this in the past many times related to firmware, but this is the first comment I have seen with this firmware.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20