Phantom 3 Standard Flight Data

• Thread starter Deleted member 109724
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109724

Ok, I have never crashed my drones and don't intend to, but if I happen to crash my Phantom 3 Standard, where do I get the flight data that tells me what happened? Do I plug the corpse of the drone into my pc, or is the data on my iPad?

There are two flight logs. The TXT flight log is stored on your mobile device. You can find instructions for retrieving it here. The DAT flight log is stored on the Phantom's internal memory card. You can find instructions for retrieving it here.

There are two flight logs. The TXT flight log is stored on your mobile device. You can find instructions for retrieving it here. The DAT flight log is stored on the Phantom's internal memory card. You can find instructions for retrieving it here.
Ok, you guessed it. I have another question. It appears the .dat file is the one I would send to you guys to review and diagnose if I had a crash. That is what most people tend to send from what I have seen on the forum. What is the .txt file from my iPad good for? Can I send that to you guys if my drone, say, falls in the ocean, and get the same diagnosis?

The TXT flight log usually has sufficient data in many cases. It's also the only log that will be available if you lose your Phantom. The main disadvantage of the TXT flight log is that is stops logging data when the downlink disconnects from the Phantom.

The DAT flight log contains more data and it logs data the entire time the Phantom is powered on. The DAT flight log is useful for troubleshooting issues that occur after the remote controller disconnects from the Phantom or when looking at data that is not included in the TXT flight log.

Reactions: LarBear360
The TXT flight log usually has sufficient data in many cases. It's also the only log that will be available if you lose your Phantom. The main disadvantage of the TXT flight log is that is stops logging data when the downlink disconnects from the Phantom.

The DAT flight log contains more data and it logs data the entire time the Phantom is powered on. The DAT flight log is useful for troubleshooting issues that occur after the remote controller disconnects from the Phantom or when looking at data that is not included in the TXT flight log.
Perfect! Thanks so much! So if I can recover the bird and it powers on enough to grab the .dat file, that is best, but if drone is long gone, txt will have to suffice. Got it.

Perfect! Thanks so much! So if I can recover the bird and it powers on enough to grab the .dat file, that is best, but if drone is long gone, txt will have to suffice. Got it.
The .txt file is easier to read and usually gives all the information needed.
And it's small enough that you don't have to upload it to dropbox to share it.

@Weston Ney Photography,

"Perfect! Thanks so much! So if I can recover the bird and it powers on enough to grab the .dat file, that is best, but if drone is long gone, txt will have to suffice. Got it."

To get the .dat file from the Phantom it kind of needs to be working.

You use the app on your mobile device to activate the download to your PC.
Example if you don't have a working gimbal, you won't have a way to activate the download.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4