Phantom 3 standard failed to RTH

Reaction score
Please help, went for a fly yesterday morning and all was going well until I noticed a glitch on my screen then the app stopped working, it didn't crash after a few seconds I got a no signal warning so I hit RTH and after swiping the slider I got a message saying RTH failed!! This happened a couple of times then regained control and landed manually immediately. I was about 100 feet up and 300 feet out in full line of sight with no buildings anywhere near, also I have the ARG TEC range extender fitted, the picture shows the area I was flying in. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Did you try to manually put it into Smart RTH? Even if the app quits you have the option of RTH. You do not need the app to fly the quad.

PS - If the app if functioning properly turn up the volume on your device as the app announces some actions.

Screen Shot 2015-12-17 at 12.38.30 PM✨.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 1.46.31 AM☀️.png

Thanks for the advice, will try the manual way with smart RTH next time out and I have also contacted dji support just incase it's a problem with the firmware or something. Also thanks for the welcome to the forum

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik