Phantom 3 Standard Extra Batteries

Reaction score
Just wondering whats the best batteries to get for the standard.Should I get the original Dji Battery for it,or does anybody else make a better,longer extended flying time battery...Any recommendations appreciated.....

Your choice ... DJI prices or lower 3rd party.

Plenty people like me use 3rd party battery's with no difference in performance.

It is unlikely to have extended flight time - as all P3 battery's are based on LiPo HV 4480 - 4500mAh size.

There are basically two schools on this subject ....

1. Those that only use DJI and a few of those people keep spreading the myth of falling out of sky with anything else...
2. Those that use 3rd party as well as DJI and have no trouble.

If you wait a bit ... I'm sure some will post with good sources of both genuine and 3rd party battery's.

Nigel

I have a genuine(hopefully!) one arriving tomorrow from a link in another thread on here. Cost less than £90 posted, so in between the usual rrp of a genuine one and one of the cheaper 3rd party ones.
Most 3rd party ones seem to be £65-75 so I didn't mind paying a little more to get the genuine one.

At least with a genuine one you know they won't issue a firmware update that stops it from working, like Apple did a while back with 3rd party cables.

I'll let you know when I pick it up tomorrow.

Link here is you're interested
DJI Phantom 3 Battery for Phantom 3 - DJIP3-12

" like Apple did a while back with 3rd party cables. "

Actually that's a pretty uiniversal problem ... Blackberry doesn't like Samsung cable ... xx doesn't like yy cable etc.

I have two WinMobile Sat units for my car and van ... both from same brand ... but try swap the power cables even they have same plugs etc.

Back to DJI batterys ... there have been claims of FW refusing 3rd party batterys ... but only ones I can find are old reports ... judging by the general run of posts - 3rd party batterys work.

We have about 8 or 9 P3's in our club and I know of quite a few more outside of our club ... all use the original battery supplied, but extras are all various 3rd party .... with

kuentl on eBay

the usual supplier to us ...

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic