Phantom 3 Standard - Error Motor speed limit reached

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a very unconvincing situation.

Phantom 3 standard. last firmware.

I was in middle of flying and suddenly got a error message "Motor speed limit reached" for two second , then i tried to lower the altitude. What happened then is that the drone fall out of the sky, i had no control and immediately after the message popup up, the drone felt. i had no control over it. Luckily i was in open open field and no one was hurt.

i attached the log file of the last flight. Can someone read what happened? Also attached a picture of the drone, which look like burned Possible ESC.

It completely looks like a manufacturer issue.

1. Did someone experience something like this?
2. Any idea what i can do in such a situation?

I am thankful for any help!

attached the flight LOG and a picture of the drone after this situation.

Regards
Zimi

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-09-01_[19-18-36].txt
    101.3 KB · Views: 421
as you can see, it seems that the Drone also catched fire...

Attachments

• IMG_20170901_231311.jpg
    IMG_20170901_231311.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 366
as you can see, it seems that the Drone also catched fire...
Hi wow not seen that,i cant open file so cant comment,looks like something dj cover but sad having to send it off and waiting for it :oops: something was cooking,all the best with the next one

Hi wow not seen that,i cant open file so cant comment,looks like something dj cover but sad having to send it off and waiting for it :oops: something was cooking,all the best with the next one

what file cant you open?

Are you sure that’s the log for the flight? You weren’t in an open field. That log looks like either a complete power loss.

yes.. this was the flight.. one minute i flew it up and then i got the error "Motor speed limit reached" and it crashed down .
i suddendly also didnt hear the drone..

It was a open place.. sorry.. not open field...

as you can see in the picture also there was something burning in the drone... i have never seeing something like this...

Last edited:
yes.. this was the flight.. one minute i flew it up and then i got the error "Motor speed limit reached" and it crashed down .
i suddendly also didnt hear the drone..

It was a open place.. sorry.. not open field...

as you can see in the picture also there was something burning in the drone... i have never seeing something like this...
sorry not clever enough to work out,was lookin at csv file,short flight 1 min 52,then all stops,good sats,pgps all the time,couple signal loses,heaps numbers everwhere in the yaw department,not sure if that normal,??still had heaps batt left,motor short mayby looking how black comes out fins,,sorry for upside down anwser someone clever should work out easy

I am at this point just guessing that perhaps the drone overheated inside... Did u flew in a very hot environment?

I am at this point just guessing that perhaps the drone overheated inside... Did u flew in a very hot environment?

the temparature was around 30 degrees celsius and the flight time was one minute.. i think this shouldn't really have an effect on it i guess.

i will check with DJI what they have to say about it...

Attachments

• 20170904_115733.jpg
    20170904_115733.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 303
very nasty.

what does the motor on that arm look like? when that motor is rotated by hand any sticky spots or noises?

something shorted in the ESC or maybe something in the motor shorted it like a piece of metal that was sucked in or something.

i would think the AC or battery would just shut right off when that short happened as about the only thing worse than the AC falling out of the sky is an actively burning AC falling out of the sky.

was the AC still powered on when you recovered it?

very nasty.

what does the motor on that arm look like? when that motor is rotated by hand any sticky spots or noises?

something shorted in the ESC or maybe something in the motor shorted it like a piece of metal that was sucked in or something.

i would think the AC or battery would just shut right off when that short happened. was the AC still powered on when you recovered it?

To tell the truth. I still didnt tried anything. Didnt try to power the drone up. Too scary that it will explode ;-)

i will have to open the TOP Panel and see inside and see if i can identify the cause for this. The battery is okay and still works.

the flight lasted 1 min and suddendly a total shutdown of the drone and these burn signs.. i will open in tonight and send in some pics so you can see it.

here u go!

From the pictures I can see that the logic board is completely done... don't know if DJI will exchange it for another drone but there is not fix for this, the whole thing needs to be replace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20