Phantom 3 standard crashed

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the hobby, unfortunately I had crashed my phantom 3 standard on 28-Feb-2016 but thanks my bird survived :). It flew almost 4000+ feet away and mistakenly I descend it and lost the connection. later I found it almost 2000+ feet away from the home point.

Apparently I played the major part(descend it) in the incident but want to know what happened next and exact reason to avoid it in future. I tried to check the flight logs for the purpose but no success. Flight log of Go App is incomplete so attached the flight log from drone. Need help from some guru. Thanks in advance.

Tilal

Attachments

• FLY019.log.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,307
sorry one more thing. my bird had a minor crack beneath right back motor in result of the crash. It seems okay mean no showstopper at the moment as I flew it later without any issue. Just need your expert opinion and any remedy for it.

20160301_234022.jpg
20160301_234324.jpg

I would personally replace the shell... That crack is quite bad.

Maybe check other components too, motors etc to make sure they are not damaged at all and spin freely.

See my p3 standard shell replacement thread if you decide to replace your shell. The hardest part is opening up the old shell, it is very tricky because you dont want to damage anything.

Maybe check other components too, motors etc to make sure they are not damaged at all and spin freely.

See my p3 standard shell replacement thread if you decide to replace your shell. The hardest part is opening up the old shell, it is very tricky because you dont want to damage anything.
250, have you tried the Plast-aid? It's pretty amazing stuff. Seems to "weld" to the pieces, and gets hard as a rock. Somebody here suggested it, works great for me. That seems like a good option for anyone who might not be as skilled as you or have the time for a 12+ hr. repair. If it were stress cracks, I would agree, swap the shell. But we don't know which shell Tilal has or even if stress cracks might appear later.

Best thing I've found so far is PlastAid:
Amazon.com: Plast-aid 80400 Plastic Pool Part Repair Kit, 6-Ounce: Patio, Lawn & Garden
If it were mine, I'd clean out the crack a bit with an nail file and fill it with plast aid. Then keep an eye on it an make sure it doesn't come back. You can buy the shell for $60, but it's an awful lot of work to do a shell swap.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try to fix it and if it does not work then will go for shell change.

Thanks, I will give a try to repair first otherwise will go for shell replacement.

250, have you tried the Plast-aid? It's pretty amazing stuff. Seems to "weld" to the pieces, and gets hard as a rock. Somebody here suggested it, works great for me. That seems like a good option for anyone who might not be as skilled as you or have the time for a 12+ hr. repair. If it were stress cracks, I would agree, swap the shell. But we don't know which shell Tilal has or even if stress cracks might appear later.

Can't get plast-aid here in the UK.

I would love to get hold of some though.

Thanks for your suggestion

Hi,

New to the hobby, unfortunately I had crashed my phantom 3 standard on 28-Feb-2016 but thanks my bird survived :). It flew almost 4000+ feet away and mistakenly I descend it and lost the connection. later I found it almost 2000+ feet away from the home point.

Apparently I played the major part(descend it) in the incident but want to know what happened next and exact reason to avoid it in future. I tried to check the flight logs for the purpose but no success. Flight log of Go App is incomplete so attached the flight log from drone. Need help from some guru. Thanks in advance.

Tilal

Any thought about the flight log...?

The flight log you posted, some but not me yet, will figure it out. If you upload your incomplete log to HD and share that link it will get some attention.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic