Phantom 3 Standard Crashed, What to Do Now?

Reaction score
I was flying my drone around when I hit a tiny stick jutting out from the tree. the drone starting doing barrel rolls down about 150 feet and landed deep in blackberry bushes. I managed to root around and get it to find that nothing on the body snapped but props snapped, the gimbal mount snapped, wires were pulled out around the camera. Other than that I don't think there's any internal damage but everything else looks fine despite the height of the crash. I bought it refurbished off of eBay so I'm not sure if it has a warranty. I'm just wondering if theres anyone who can fix this or any other advice I could get.

Attachments

• IMG_3639.jpg
    IMG_3639.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_3638.jpg
    IMG_3638.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_3637.jpg
    IMG_3637.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_3636.jpg
    IMG_3636.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 347
I was flying my drone around when I hit a tiny stick jutting out from the tree. the drone starting doing barrel rolls down about 150 feet and landed deep in blackberry bushes. I managed to root around and get it to find that nothing on the body snapped but props snapped, the gimbal mount snapped, wires were pulled out around the camera. Other than that I don't think there's any internal damage but everything else looks fine despite the height of the crash. I bought it refurbished off of eBay so I'm not sure if it has a warranty. I'm just wondering if theres anyone who can fix this or any other advice I could get.
Well the props can definitely be replaced, and it looks like the gimbal mount has just come apart and you may need some new mounting pins which are cheap. The wiring harness has come loose you can look to see if there is a pinout diagram somewhere out there that will show you how to line the back up and slide them back into their proper position and secure with some hot glue so they make contact with the gimbal assembly. I would try to fix the pins first before you do anything else to make sure there isn't any other damage to the camera gimbal assembly

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Re-insert the pins into the connector, github and Rc groups have pinout diagrams, they should just clip in. If the gimble mounting plate isn’t broken you can use the spare drop pins that shipped with the AC or, even preferably, loosely fitted cable ties (they actually work better). As has been suggested see how you go powering up after attending to the wiring issues, good chance you will be fine. Take your time.

What's the advantage of zip ties ?

Possibility you may have escaped $$ wallet damage. As long as the gimbal isn't damaged you might walk/fly away from the tree hug unscathed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub