Phantom 3 Standard Checklist

Reaction score
I created a solid checklist for pre-flight and post-flight for the P3S.
I see some online, but they are not exactly print-able, so mine is formatted and set up to be a tangible checklist to bring with you when you fly your Phantom.

If anybody has any other ideas on modifications I should make to it, I would be glad to consider them. Of course, feel free to print the checklist if you'd like!

Attachments

• DJIPhantom3StandardChecklist.pdf
    119.3 KB · Views: 16,627
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I have put your list here for all to see. You have done a nice job on it. I will add this as a sticky for P3S owners. Thank you for making this available to the members here.

-----------------------------------------------

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Checklist

(Created by Bryan Kruk)

PreFlight:

1. Install Intelligent Flight Battery into the Phantom. Check secure & check battery percentage.

2. Uninstall gimbal lock if installed.

3. Remove lens cover from camera & make sure lens is clean. Install ND filters if applicable.

4. Check that the SD card is properly installed/formatted.

5. Check that propellers are properly installed, tightened and in good condition.

6. Turn on remote controller check

R/C battery & flight mode set to PMode.

7. Connect to Phantom’s Wifi on phone/device.

8. Check phone/device volume full or as desired. Do the same with screen brightness.

9. Open the DJI Go App. Mount device to R/C if not already mounted.

10.Turn Phantom on (Press power button, then press/hold for 2 sec.)

11.Connect to the Phantom through the DJI Go App.

12.Check inapp

statuses. (Battery percentage, camera settings, RTH altitude, etc.)

13.Allow the IMU to calibrate do

not move the Phantom until IMU is finished calibrating.

14.Calibrate the compass if necessary.

15.Check for 56

satellites + and the words “Safe to Fly” If not safe to fly, proceed with caution

until you are instructed that it is “Safe to Fly.” (Enough satellites may connect with more

altitude/obstruction clearing.

16.Adjust the antenna on remote controller if necessary. Tip of antenna should not†be pointing at

the Phantom.

17.If area is safe and clear, start the motors using the CSC, or complete an autotakeoff.

PostFlight:

1. Once UAV is landed, execute the CSC or keep

throttle stick down fully to stop the motors.

2. Review photos/videos if necessary.

3. Power off Phantom (press power button, then

press/hold for 2 sec.)

4. Power off remote controller.

5. Install the lens cover & gimbal guard if

necessary.

6. Remove the Intelligent Flight Battery from the

Phantom.

1. Once UAV is landed, execute the CSC
It's not a good idea to do a CSC to shut down the motors. If not done cleanly, it can cause the Phantom to tip and the props to strike the ground.

It's not a good idea to do a CSC to shut down the motors. If not done cleanly, it can cause the Phantom to tip and the props to strike the ground.
I have never had this happen and I CSC every time.

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 10.18.23 PM✨.png

I have never had this happen and I CSC every time.
It's a known issue. I'm quite surprised that you don't know what I'm talking about.

It's a known issue. I'm quite surprised that you don't know what I'm talking about.
Several years of CSC and not once have I had an issue. Can't even find it here by searching "csc broken props'.

Several years of CSC and not once have I had an issue. Can't even find it here by searching "csc broken props'.
Well, you just have to know how to use the search ;) Here's one where Meta4 is talking about it.

Weird... never had it happen. I wonder if the OP was on the ground yet... he made it sound like he wasn't. Well, I guess stop with the one stick. :)

I only use one but I hand catch 95% of the time .
Now when I do land it I always have done a CSC
And never had a problem ..
Really never even thought about it.
Stops mine fast. Must be doing it right
Ya learn something new everyday here

The one that turns off the drone in the air in case of emergency ? Why would you do that when landed?

Isnt throttle stick down simpler?

The CSC simply turns off the motors. Emergency or not, it does the job. You can keep the throttle down as well, that's why you can do either operation in the checklist based on preference.

Yes but here is also a thing called "muscle memory".
Throttle down seems way more innocent.

Just about everything on the checklist could be considered muscle memory, but a lot of us (especially in the aviation community) prefer to use a checklist no matter. Sometimes we forget things.. Hopefully not things such as powering off the motors, but it's like a how-to sheet. You can't leave important things out even if you already know them.

Great checklist. As a noob to drones - this s exactly the kind of help I was hoping to find here. KUDOS!
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Have a look at this link - Know Before You Fly

Enjoy your new quad and fly safe!

Thanks TJ - seems like A LOT of info. Coming from the up/down/left/right, just land before your battery dies world. I'm sure I'll be spending quite a bit of time in here.

DJI Phantom 3 Standard Flight Guide

Preflight:
Check Surroundings And Conditions
Inspect Phantom
Add Propellers
Check Propellers
Phantom Battery Charged
Controller Battery Charged
Mobile Device Charged
Mobile Device Volume On Full
Insert Phantom Battery
Remove Camera/Gimbal Protection
Make Sure SD Card Is Inserted
Add Filters If Needed
Power Phantom On
Power Controller On
Power On Mobile Device
Connect To Phantom Wifi
Enter DJI Go App
Check For New Firmware
Calibrate
Check GPS Status
Check Compass Status
Check IMU Values
Check MC Settings
Check Photo/Video Settings

In Flight
Idol Motors For 10 Seconds
Takeoff And Hover For 30 Seconds
Monitor Battery Life
Keep Phantom Within Line Of Sight
Monitor Surroundings And Conditions

Post Flight
Power Down Phantom
Power Down Controller
Quit DJI Go App
Inspect Phantom
Reinstall Camera/Gimbal Protection

I created a solid checklist for pre-flight and post-flight for the P3S.
I see some online, but they are not exactly print-able, so mine is formatted and set up to be a tangible checklist to bring with you when you fly your Phantom.

Thank you for this! I have been looking for something exactly like this since I got my Phantom 3 Standard. I'm certain that before long it will have saved me from many crashes!

If anybody has any other ideas on modifications I should make to it, I would be glad to consider them. Of course, feel free to print the checklist if you'd like!

Reactions: jointeffort

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj