Phantom 3 Standard Camera Mount / Wire

Reaction score
Beginner flyer here, and i was going to fast, was too low and clipped tree branchs. Drone dropped to the ground. Camera gimble too the damage and plastic screws (3) were lost and the camera pulled from the drone. Wiring harness disconneced. That is all fixed, however, there were two single wires, black and grey that hard hard wired I beleive. The black one is disconncted from the Gimble / Camera, but still attached to the drone.

How can this be fixed ? Suggestions?

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    332.6 KB · Views: 435
It goes into the bottom of the housing, along with the multi-cable ribbon (gray). You will have to separate the housing, then you should be able to identify it.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Beginner flyer here, and i was going to fast, was too low and clipped tree branchs. Drone dropped to the ground. Camera gimble too the damage and plastic screws (3) were lost and the camera pulled from the drone. Wiring harness disconneced. That is all fixed, however, there were two single wires, black and grey that hard hard wired I beleive. The black one is disconncted from the Gimble / Camera, but still attached to the drone.

How can this be fixed ? Suggestions?
Those wires are your wifi antenna leads. If they are ripped or broken, then you will have to replace the whole antenna with lead. Those parts are available online.
It will require you to remove the top shell to install. The antenna are identified as a 1.5 inch white block that reside on the bottom shell on either side of the battery box. Those leads are coax and are way to difficult to repair. They must be replaced. Just look for P3S antenna kit.
Here's a link DJI Phantom 3 Standard STD Drone - NEW Antenna Set 2.4G/5.8G (Part 97 & 69) | eBay

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy1952
skyler1976, you can purchase a replacement antenna here on eBay.

I have see a set of those on the net for around 20 bucks. Keep in mind that is not just a wire that can be soldered back onto the connector. It is a shielded cable and just soldering back on will not work or work poorly. If the other end plugs in like this which I don't know yet it's an easy cheap fix. I plan on removing one and finding out how it is attached. When i find out for sure I will post my findings. Meanwhile keep in mind the set is around 20 bucks.
They appear to be a pain to get to. They are located on either side of the battery compartment.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have see a set of those on the net for around 20 bucks. Keep in mind that is not just a wire that can be soldered back onto the connector. It is a shielded cable and just soldering back on will not work or work poorly. If the other end plugs in like this which I don't know yet it's an easy cheap fix. I plan on removing one and finding out how it is attached. When i find out for sure I will post my findings. Meanwhile keep in mind the set is around 20 bucks.
They appear to be a pain to get to. They are located on either side of the battery compartment.

The cables are attached using shielded snap in connectors to the top of the gimbal video logic board. Installing the antennas are easy and can be done thru the battery box opening. They are held in place with a adhesive sticker. You can loosen the main control board to help with doing the left side.
I know, I have replaced quite a few of these.

Thanks bluebird , I am new to this and folks like yourself help us with little or no experience.

No problem. If you fellas need more help with this procedure, PM me anytime.
I will answer asap. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20