phantom 3 standard camera/motor issue

Reaction score
so my drone suddenly started having the jello effect and the pictures look out of focus compared to other older pictures and videos i've contacted dji and they told me to send it in how ever there is no vendor close to so i have to send it to Germany which proved to be very costly so im wondering if maybe someone here could help me, i replaced the props, i tried to check the motors how ever they don't seem to have any damage none of them start later or sooner they also spin the same speed, i didn't have any crashes aside from the drone flipping over once while landing in windy conditions, i've also aside from that the only thing i think could caused damage like this is once i flew it in the snow and it got quite wet cause i couldn't get it to take off since there were many cars nearby so i while i found a place where i could take off from it got quite wet it flew very smooth though no issues, i dried it out after of course this is very weird
LINK TO PICTURES : Dropbox - phanotm 3 problem

Have you checked your damping bumpers? Even if they are seated properly you want to check for small tears or cracks to ensure they are reacting uniformly.

You might also want to open up the back of your camera and gimbal assembly to ensure the excessive moisture didn't cause any oxidation or fouling that could be interferring with free movement.

Also turn the bird upside down on the bench and check the yaw arm for any wiggle. Mine did that even though the set screw was tight. There was enough wear on the inner surface (where the yaw arm slides over the yaw motor shaft) to allow some wiggling.
I had to shim it. Can't remember what I shimmed it with though [emoji53]

Also turn the bird upside down on the bench and check the yaw arm for any wiggle. Mine did that even though the set screw was tight. There was enough wear on the inner surface (where the yaw arm slides over the yaw motor shaft) to allow some wiggling.
I had to shim it. Can't remember what I shimmed it with though [emoji53]
this feels more like a whole aircraft vibration though not just camera ive replaced the props numerous times

this feels more like a whole aircraft vibration though not just camera ive replaced the props numerous times

Have you checked all of the motor mounting screws? On a flat level surface.. checked to ensure all motors are uniformly seated by flipping it upside down? All motor shafts should come in contact with your level surface uniformly (and again with props on). Any "wobble" at all can indicate your props are running "out of level" and create excessive vibration in flight.

Just some additional ideas to play around with.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj