Phantom 3 Standard Broken Compass Connector

Reaction score
Finally getting around to fixing my DJI Phantom 3 Standard and while I'm putting it back together I see one prong of the compass connector is broken off and missing. Google search looks like this has happened to people before. Wondering if I should glue the right side down or should I solder? Any other ways to fix this?

that it just a bracket to hold the connector in place on the board if you can solder it I would do it that way, if not some epoxy should do a good job at holding it down

Reactions: BingErr
The pins underneath are good enough just being pushed together (not actually soldered)?
the pins that make the connection to the wiring need to be soldered to the board, but the little metal pieces that are sticking out of the plastic on both sides of the connector part that the pins go into aren't making any electrical connection to anything they are there to help hold the connector in place so the pins don't pull out of it if you cant get it soldered up to the original pins in the connector you can solder wires between the connector pins inside the plastic and then solder them to the right pins on the board

Reactions: BingErr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20