Phantom 3 standard Blade guards

Reaction score
I just bought a Phantom 3 and put some after market Blade guards the kind with 4 screws per propeller. I didnt notice before but it sees like their is a "slight Squeak" occasionally after I installed the guards, I haven't flown it that much (once before )so I don't know if a slight squeak is normal or not, or should I only hear the blades sound. its only squeaks occasionally. I did use the supplied longer screws to attach the guard. (16 total) .I don't know if I messed something up when installing the guards..can anyone give me some advice??
Thanks and God Bless
Ed

I don't know what would be causing a squeak, but I don't think it's normal. I had the permanently mounted guards, but removed them and got the snap on type. Much better for transporting the Quad in the backpack.

Two things come to mind:

1. One or more of the longer screws may be intermittently touching a moving part of the motor, or
2. one or more of the motors is not seated properly in it's mount and is rubbing against a part of that mount (intermittently), causing the squeaky sound.

I would remove the guards and re-install the motors as they were before, then see if the noise is still being made.

I agree with the ideas in the above 2 posts.

I'm sure you're probably aware - but just in case, be sure to re-use the original shorter screws if you do remove the prop guards. Failure to do so may cause serious damage to the motors.

Also, tighten the screws sequentially and progressively and make sure that you don't overtighten them, as this could cause cracking or breaking of the plastic in the area of of the motor mounts. If you've been unlucky you might even already have some cracks, so do a visual inspection before refitting anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen