Phantom 3 Standard Battery

Reaction score
What are you guys using for a second battery? Brand ? Where to purchase (eBay, amazon, ??)?
Are some better than others?
I’m a newbie and getting about 25 mins. With my battery on the aircraft.

What are you guys using for a second battery? Brand ? Where to purchase (eBay, amazon, ??)?
Are some better than others?
I’m a newbie and getting about 25 mins. With my battery on the aircraft.
I have 3 PowerExtra and one FlyHi all purchased from Amazon.

Chris
Happy Holidays

Reactions: Phtm3
Reactions: Phtm3
Got a couple of batteries on ebay, from seller battnation, and they are going strong after over 40 recharges, with superb flight times, comparable to stock batteries costing twice as much. The LED lights on these clone batteries are super bright, just like OEM batteries, so there is no difference whatsoever between the DJI batteries, and these cheap clones.

DJI Phantom3 Professional Advanced Standard Intelligent LiPo Replacement Battery 840140912876 | eBay
Ok great info, I’ll check eBay also.

If buying second hand, make sure there's some life left in it - see the manual on how to check and ask the seller to confirm the readings (LED's) before buying.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
This is a very important point, CheddarMan. While the low cost of brand new DJI clone batteries makes the purchase of used ones unnecessary, anyone buying a used drone will certainly wind up with one or more used batteries.

I have a used Phantom 3 Pro, and a used Mavic Pro inbound by mail right now, so I will be taking a very close look at the usage history of all the extra batteries that come with these new purchases.

Not sure where you get the "While the low cost of brand new DJI clone batteries" from Billie, they are still very expensive to my pocket! Even on Amazon you're talking £45 + postage!

In comparison to the cost of a new DJI battery, brand new clone batteries sell for about half the price of DJI, but I confess that I haven't ever looked up the price of a used battery sold separately, given my worries about just how much life would be left in such a used power plant.

That said, I'll soon find out just how reliable used batteries can be, when my used ebay drones show up with all used batteries as part of the deal. My current Phantom 3S batteries have between 40 and 50 recharges on them, with no visible decrease in flight time, so maybe my misgivings about used batteries in general, aren't warranted.

I have 5 Original DJI which I collected after buying a few second hand P3 ADvanced and passing them on with just one battery, at one time I had 9, but one got drowned in a river, "they do not survive water or being shorted out" DO NOT BUY CHEAP INFERIOR P3 Batteries on eBay they are ULTIMATE GARBAGE, I once bought one, that died totally after one charge... DONT DO IT, at least buy second hand DJI Batts that are Original, they can take a lot of use before they start to wear, Stay with DJI don't even begin to consider second rate crap that WILL DROP YOUR DRONE ONTO CONCRETE, and break your heart... dont say I didnt tell ya...

The old saying holds that there is no point expounding the finer points of ballistics, for the benefit of a man who just killed a bear with a baseball bat. I would be that lucky man who downed the bruin, in the sense that I have not experienced one single mishap over 600 cumulative miles of flying my old Phantom 3 Standard, exclusively with non-DJI batteries.

Bought my P3S back in 2016 brand new, along with a couple of brand new OEM DJI batteries. Didn't get around to flying the drone until this year 2020, by which time both DJI batteries were dead and beyond redemption. Unwilling to drop a hundred bucks apiece for DJI batteries, I went with new, non-DJI batteries acquired from ebay, and haven't experienced one single problem of any description ever since. I currently use three such batteries, of which two have well over 40 charges apiece, with zero problems to report, knock on my wooden cranium.

I attach here my flight log summary. Note that Air Data does not include all miles flown beyond signal range of the controller, but does tally the cumulative hours flown. Given that I only every fly fully autonomous Litchi missions that are 90 % beyond signal range, and that all those missions were flown at the nominal cruise speed of 17.9 mph, simply multiplying my drone's total hours aloft, by the cruise speed yields the equation 35.6 miles x 17.9 miles per hour = 655 total miles flown, ALL with non DJI batteries.

CutFlowers, sir, your experience with after market drone batteries obviously differs from mine, but that does not necessarily imply that ALL non DJI batteries are destined to fail mid-flight. I agree that there might be an element of luck in selecting a decent brand of non-DJI batteries, and that is why I provided a direct link to the ebay seller whose replacement batteries have served me so well, over so many uneventful miles.

Attachments

• Flight Logs.jpg.png
    Flight Logs.jpg.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 97

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj