Phantom 3 standard antenna upgrade advice

Reaction score
So I want to fly my drone from inside my house but preferably my room. Are there setups I could buy online like the Argtek car kit range extender that i could stick to my house? Any advice or products would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Contrary to many - I do fly my P3S indoors ...... but I have been flying models for many years and I can use the advantages of Flight Controller to assist me to fly indoors without VOS and GPS ...

Here's a short video ...

Nigel

Forget it ..... unless you can set up an RF transfer system to Tx and Rx signals on 2.4 and 5.8Ghz through the walls etc. and still get range ....

To give idea how hard that is. I have my yacht about 200m from the house. My WiFi router with 3x Booster twin antenna sits inside the room wall facing the yacht. As long as I am standing up and clear to the house - I can get connection to tablet / PC. If I turn and have the connection 'through me' .... I lose connection.

Nigel

Make a setup place where you wanna fly. Set up a huge dual band antenna array on the roof that has swivel controls. Feed wires down to your setup "base" (you aren't gonna be moving around because you're tethered to these antennas)

Mod your controller similar to the DBS setups. Feed wires into controller.

That's it. You're ready to fly the the mega extremes from inside your house.

Just remember ideally with one battery you have 23 mins of flight time.

Or buy the litchi app. Make an autonomous flight path. Then wait for the bird to make its run and come home

Reactions: Jessepinkman
Make a setup place where you wanna fly. Set up a huge dual band antenna array on the roof that has swivel controls. Feed wires down to your setup "base" (you aren't gonna be moving around because you're tethered to these antennas)

Or buy the litchi app. Make an autonomous flight path. Then wait for the bird to make its run and come home

See if we were having this discussion over on the DJI site the "holier-than-thou" people would be all over us for even talking about being out of VLOS.

See if we were having this discussion over on the DJI site the "holier-than-thou" people would be all over us for even talking about being out of VLOS.

Pffft that's a technicality, you see these people flying 7k-8k feet, do you think any of these people can see their drone? Heck no. Once my drone hits 3k feet I can't see the dang thing it becomes too much of a pinprick to see and in these grey and white winter months it only makes the little white dot that much harder to see against the background. I just use my downlink to get around tbh it's what most everyone use. Don't worry about the purists. As long as you don't violate the actual height restrictions of 400ft above your take off level / ground level you'll be fine. Getting higher than that can lead to air collisions and that is a big no no.

The airstreams up higher would whisk your little drone away in seconds anyway.

Reactions: Jessepinkman

Yeah thats exactly what I'm talking about thank you so much.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20