Phantom 3 Standard 2.4 GHz connection got continuity

Reaction score
Helo everyone. I have a question about my P3S remote controller.

I just test the continuity oh the 2.4 GHz antenna connector. It has continuity without any resistant. Is it normal? The 5.8 GHz doesn't has continuity at all.

Best range I got was 300 meters using ARGtek and lost the 5.8 GHz signal, then goes RTH. I uploaded the video on my YouTube channel: AryaDegaTube. The 2.4 GHz still displaying the video and telemetry with many interferences.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures:

My remote controler with ARGtek antenna mounting.
869038cad50755b6b9712f3a948b381c_thumb.jpg

No continuity for 5.8GHz
490e36813dc41e08791c2ea0e40b2598.jpg

Continuity exist on 2.4 GHz
(shows by LED light on my multimeter)
a86d99098a01e6e0123ba3a983cebfd7_thumb.jpg

Continuity exist from the remote wifi modul
5c6c7bbd66183d19c757ce73b90b6c3a_thumb.jpg

Also there is continuity on the 2.4 GHz ARGtek antenna.
567ed6ea4c9ab66e3588327c541ae5ba.jpg

I also did measurement to the stock DJI 2.4 GHz (square shape) antenna and the result is no continuity.

Your using an Analog meter, and I guess if you have a continuity light, that light will only come on at about 200 ohms or less. I have been trying to get people to post what the Ohms are on factory good antennas to trouble shoot some of the signal problems.
What is the actual ohms value of your continuity?
Note that meters that go up to 20 meg some of those high scales 2 meg and up will read through your body, so you wouldn't want to check something while having your fingers touch the probes them selves. Give you a "False Positive". Dose that phrase actually real. :rolleyes:

Your using an Analog meter, and I guess if you have a continuity light, that light will only come on at about 200 ohms or less. I have been trying to get people to post what the Ohms are on factory good antennas to trouble shoot some of the signal problems.
What is the actual ohms value of your continuity?
Note that meters that go up to 20 meg some of those high scales 2 meg and up will read through your body, so you wouldn't want to check something while having your fingers touch the probes them selves. Give you a "False Positive". Dose that phrase actually real. :rolleyes:

Thank you. I tought the LED will only lights when it comes 0 ohm. I will looking for digital multimeter to make sure the resistancy and post the result soon.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Try it on some light bulbs of various wattage's, 12v or 110 volt, see what your results are.
You always have to test your test equipment, an analog meter should work fine if the ohms will go up high enough, I couldn't tell by your pics (trying to see what positions you had for testing in ohms).
Rod

I see, Rod. Thanks. I'm still looking for new digital multimeter for more precission and easy to read. I will post the pic when got one.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4