Phantom 3 SE (Special Edition) Worldwide relese

Too expensive... I can get the advanced or the professional for less than $100 dollars more.

Reactions: Goldsaum82
So to confirm, this is basically a "further-range" P3 4K with a lower quality transmitter. I own a P3 4K, as well as a P3 Advanced.

The transmitter that came with my P3 4K is superior to this one. This one looks like the same transmitter that comes with the P3 Standard. In addition, I've comfortably flown my P3 4K over 1600m with a completely stock set up. I paid $599 for my P3 4K. Odd...

Anyways. I can't imagine there will be a huge market for this drone. Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Basically yes, it upgrades from 4k in two aspects gps+glonass and more range but downgrades in RC, it would be much better if they keep 4k remote. About a range is really improved, I hit little over 3km stock in CE mode, so I assume it would hit over 4km easily in FCC mode.
I think that is better value then standard.

Basically yes, it upgrades from 4k in two aspects gps+glonass and more range but downgrades in RC, it would be much better if they keep 4k remote. About a range is really improved, I hit little over 3km stock in CE mode, so I assume it would hit over 4km easily in FCC mode.
I think that is better value then standard.
I agree that it's definitely a better value than the P3S. I'm curious to see how it sells once it goes global.

a refurbed p3a is a better way to spend your $$. jmo
Well depends here in Europe, cheapest new p3a is around 900usd, we don't have much of refurbished ones. I bought my SE brand new for 550usd with customs included.

It would be interesting to see in what does the camera on the SE differ from the camera on the Standard, because from the outside they look exactly the same, so does the gimbal. I remember they once accidentally added a 4k option for the Standard, but quickly removed it in the next firmware.

It would be interesting to see in what does the camera on the SE differ from the camera on the Standard, because from the outside they look exactly the same, so does the gimbal. I remember they once accidentally added a 4k option for the Standard, but quickly removed it in the next firmware.
Do you remember the firmware?

I would say they are pretty much the same except 4k.

Do you remember the firmware?

I don't know, but I've read about it on forums and there are videos about it on Youtube. DJI support claimed that it was a mistake.

In an earlier version of Litchi on Android, there was a possibility to change to 4K at 30fps and it worked. You could change to IOS and have the 4K, but only if you didn't change the settings, otherwise it would change back to 2.7K

Well then probably it is just enabled in fw, camera from outside looks exactly the same.

Oops, I remembered wrong, it was Full HD at 60fps that was enabled by mistake, not 4K. My mistake. I guess the SE camera has different hardware in it then the Standard.

I was hoping this would be released world wide for some time but at the price it was selling for in china I think a refurbished advanced is a better option they have over priced this!

I was hoping this would be released world wide for some time but at the price it was selling for in china I think a refurbished advanced is a better option they have over priced this!
Its selling for $600 on DJI website, I don't think it's a bad deal I may buy it. Even though it doesn't have the Lightbridge, it still goes 4Km which COULD be possible with P3S with range extender, but it shoots 4k video too. It also has dual GPS and VPS. Its like a P3P minus lightbridge. I suppose it is possible to get a used P3P for $600, but it might have been crashed, won't have a new battery and probably won't have a warranty.

Its selling for $600 on DJI website, I don't think it's a bad deal I may buy it. Even though it doesn't have the Lightbridge, it still goes 4Km which COULD be possible with P3S with range extender, but it shoots 4k video too. It also has dual GPS and VPS. Its like a P3P minus lightbridge. I suppose it is possible to get a used P3P for $600, but it might have been crashed, won't have a new battery and probably won't have a warranty.

I think $600 is reasonable I'm in the uk and its selling for £600 which roughly works out to $775 (according to google anyway) for that price it's just not worth it! If DJI didn't rip customers off on currency exchange and I could get it for £465 which is what $600 should work out too it's a great bit of kit :)

Reactions: Neon Euc
I can't believe that it can achieve that range with Wi-Fi and P3S similar RC.I would like to know the inner R/C differences....

Visual position system is more than welcome.

PS)One more time DJi shows that can provide tech for reasonable cost,after many people have already bought a "handicapped" model just a year before.Thats very annoying to me...

I can't believe that it can achieve that range with Wi-Fi and P3S similar RC.I would like to know the inner R/C differences....

Visual position system is more than welcome.

PS)One more time DJi shows that can provide tech for reasonable cost,after many people have already bought a "handicapped" model just a year before.Thats very annoying to me...
Well SE remote using double amount of power 1.2A vs 600mA on standard but it still have same output power 27/19dBm in FCC and 20/14dBm in CE, so it would be very interesting to know what they did and how they menaged that.

Reactions: stavrossid

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4