Phantom 3 S RANGE

Reaction score
Hi ! Are there any solutions for phantom 3 Standart to extend the range of controls ? As far as I read quite a lot of criticism in the range of controls ( 500m) Since all models have a range of over 1000m + Everything is ok , but the 500m is a disaster !If enybody know the solution to have a range of 1000m+ please write . Thanks

The standard is rated to have 800m so you getting 500 is not far from advertised. Especially seeing the 800m is Probably flying over water. They make antenna mods for the standard so read up on them. Honestly that's all anyone talks about on this page trying to increase the range so it's not that hard to find solutions for. I ordered a 5 dollar windsurfer off eBay and waiting for it to come in to test out. After that I'll probably buy the dbs mod and if I feel I want more then I'll add boosters.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I did two range tests today, in exactly the same place. The first flight was with my unmodified CE spec P3S. I got 1740m before the signal was lost.

Then I fitted a "windsurfer antenna booster" to my remote and did a second flight. The result was 2153m.

IMG_0020.jpg

vlcsnap-2016-01-23-23h04m46s36.jpg

Burr

I know the 500m thing is just a setting. If you turn it off it will go as far as your signal allows. And battery of course. Can't be one way trip. I'm waiting on a wind surfer.

If I understand the question, Yes. I believe or I thought you would get a warning that battery level is getting low to make a return all the way back to home. I have gone straight out just to see how far it would go. RHT activates and starts returning and I thought it was going to run out of battery before it got back. I think there was a upper head wind. It has been landing on a RTH and critical warning came up. Keep in mind that the battery gets to that status it attempt to land at its current position.
I had a P2V land by itself before it made it back. We could see where it landed with Binoculars took about an 1/2 hr to hike down to it. When then drove around to find the road to pickup the volunteer that retrieved it using maps and we came up to a locked gate. He walked about 3/4 mile we walked about 1/2 mile past the gate. It was still powered on and flashing by the time we got it back to the rig.

Hi ! Are there any solutions for phantom 3 Standart to extend the range of controls ? As far as I read quite a lot of criticism in the range of controls ( 500m) Since all models have a range of over 1000m + Everything is ok , but the 500m is a disaster !If enybody know the solution to have a range of 1000m+ please write . Thanks
500m is a vertical limit imposed by DJI, not a horizontal range limitation. I reached almost 2000m in an unmodified P3S, and nearing 2400 meters in with a 10-cent homemade windsurfer before I simply chickened out and returned home. So I think there are two parts to the solution: 1) find an area that is uncluttered with wi-fi, and 2) fly and try, not misinterpret what you are reading in the forums.

WOW...
Today I am going to fly again ..
600m after the loss of signal and returns . Video works without any problems .
I'm in Europa

Hi in my recent flight with P3s decided to test out range...(stock) got to 1300m before lost signal. For best results have
no obstructions ahead of you a keep antenna pointing up!

P.Lindblom can you upload a picture of your windsurfer?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1