Phantom 3 "Ready-to-Fly Out of the Box" Discussion

I vote that they, at the very least, start including the "manual" in the box.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

In my opinion as someone who has been into hobby RC's of all types for over 40 years I feel it is definitely RTF (ready to fly). I wish I had a pic of my scratch built X525 quad built several years ago, no gps, KK2 board, tri-props. That thing is so dang hard to fly! :eek:. It came as sourced parts, one by one till it was built. So yeah, a bird you unbox and pop a battery in it and off you go, that is as ready to fly as it gets my friends. Unfortunately, the pilot is not alway as ready to fly as the quad it. I assume many people here had zero RC experience prior to their Phantom so they don't "get it". They expect it to be like every other instant gratification of todays world.
i_cant-1326.gif

I vote that they, at the very least, start including the "manual" in the box.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Those days are gone and have been for a while.

It's expensive and wasteful.
(Besides, many don't bother to read them anyways :) )

I guess I'm actually one of the few that actually researched quads for a month or so before choosing, then downloaded the manual before buying. I know that there's a lot I still need to learn, but I wasn't (and still not) about to throw away $1,000 or so on this because I "thought" I knew what I was doing. And honestly I did find it pretty easy to learn once I got it. I'm still afraid to take it too far away, but I'm sure that will go away as I fly more. And I'm also surprised that I like this more than I thought....

I guess I'm actually one of the few that actually researched quads for a month or so before choosing,

I'm curious as to why you think that? Nothing in this thread whatsoever points to nobody doing research before purchasing...

Typically, anytime in an internet forum, if you think "I'm the only one...", you'll be wrong. I researched drones for a long, long time before actually purchasing one.

I'm curious as to why you think that? Nothing in this thread whatsoever points to nobody doing research before purchasing...

Typically, anytime in an internet forum, if you think "I'm the only one...", you'll be wrong. I researched drones for a long, long time before actually purchasing one.
But which one of you anomalies researched the longest and the most thoroughly?

I've seen enough videos on youtube entitled "maiden flight" where the pilot utters something like "I don't even know how to land this/shut the props down/turn it off/launch this/etc., etc." to make the same assumption - only you two and myself read the manual.

I'm just so amaz
In my opinion as someone who has been into hobby RC's of all types for over 40 years I feel it is definitely RTF (ready to fly). I wish I had a pic of my scratch built X525 quad built several years ago, no gps, KK2 board, tri-props. That thing is so dang hard to fly! :eek:. It came as sourced parts, one by one till it was built. So yeah, a bird you unbox and pop a battery in it and off you go, that is as ready to fly as it gets my friends. Unfortunately, the pilot is not alway as ready to fly as the quad it. I assume many people here had zero RC experience prior to their Phantom so they don't "get it". They expect it to be like every other instant gratification of todays world.
i_cant-1326.gif
I'm just so amazed that I was rtf straight out of the box, I'm still amazed with my crazy chimp flying style that I still am rtf even now. Oh wait I remember now 30 seconds into my first flight a battery going one way, a camera going 100ft the other way and the rest going another way after hitting a tree. It's part of our luv of this and I still carry on our tradition by finding a drone that landed into the sea 4km away. Hasn't stopped me now and doubt it ever will. I'm probably going to be the first person in Ireland up in front of a judge over drones (majorly surprised it hasn't happened yet) hell I'm still not rtf but I make a living from it and hooked for life.
If you fly her be prepared to lose her, treat every flight as your last, fly her like you stole her and don't keep her like a bird in a cage.

Oh, prepare yourself, my friend! It's worst than crack lol!!!

Ya think??? Besides the P2, Zenmuse, and GoPro (well, I already had that...), I just installed the full FPV system, now I need an extra battery or two, a case, and god knows what... And I thought sports photography was expensive!!

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Ya think??? Besides the P2, Zenmuse, and GoPro (well, I already had that...), I just installed the full FPV system, now I need an extra battery or two, a case, and god knows what... And I thought sports photography was expensive!!
That's old skool, wait until you want the new $5k inspire pro with 8 batteries ;)

This post is like a mini circle jerk... sort of... seems everyone here obviously hates people who buy a quad and fly it right out of the box. Everyone is in total agreement. It almost seems like they are jealous that many have flown them right out of the box with no accidents.

This post is like a mini circle jerk... sort of... seems everyone here obviously hates people who buy a quad and fly it right out of the box. Everyone is in total agreement. It almost seems like they are jealous that many have flown them right out of the box with no accidents.
I don't think anyone has said that at all. What has been said is that people buy it and crash it without even cracking the manual open and then come here and gripe it should not say RTF. Not that we are jealous that someone opens it and flys successfully. Why would you even think that? o_O

I don't think anyone has said that at all. What has been said is that people buy it and crash it without even cracking the manual open and then come here and gripe it should not say RTF. Not that we are jealous that someone opens it and flys successfully. Why would you even think that? o_O

Just vibe I was getting... seems to be a lot of 'we are better than them' stuff on this site. Fun for the entertainment factor. I agree totally though that is 100% ready to fly out of the box... that was the most amazing feature about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20