Phantom 3 Question

Reaction score
So i reached out to DJI and got no response i read somewhere that if I'm descending with my phantom 3 with left altitude stick fully down for more than 3 seconds my engines will shut off. I know it will when its on the ground but i was wondering if anyone was aware of the real answer or brings their P3 down with it at 100% the whole way.

So i reached out to DJI and got no response i read somewhere that if I'm descending with my phantom 3 with left altitude stick fully down for more than 3 seconds my engines will shut off. I know it will when its on the ground but i was wondering if anyone was aware of the real answer or brings their P3 down with it at 100% the whole way.
Why would you want to descend with the left stick all the way down-- even if it didn't kill the motors, there would no need to descend that fast and if the motors die, you will destroy the aircraft.:eek:

To answer you question, I descended holding the left stick down for 5+ sec. this morning and had no problem.

Reactions: DroneViewZ
When holding the left stick down, the motors will only shut off 3-5 seconds after the Phantom has stopped descending.

Reactions: DroneViewZ
Why would you want to descend with the left stick all the way down-- even if it didn't kill the motors, there would no need to descend that fast and if the motors die, you will destroy the aircraft.:eek:
Its more of when I'm at 400 feet and up descending at 4 mph vs 7 is a huge difference or in case of emergency and i needed to get down fast it would be useful.

When holding the left stick down, the motors will only shut off 3-5 seconds after the Phantom has stopped descending.
Good to know-- thanks!

I do it all of the time. They will only shut down after it has landed.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
So decent is 7MPH or 10.27 ft/second-- if you are 100 ft high, to the ground is about 9 seconds if you hold the throttle all the way back?

I never have counted, but I have done it on my way down from 400. I do shots all of the time where I fly forwards towards a subject while descending with the left stick all of the way down.

I never have counted, but I have done it on my way down from 400. I do shots all of the time where I fly forwards towards a subject while descending with the left stick all of the way down.

I am going to start experimenting :)

The motors will not turn off until it reaches the ground (once it senses that it no longer is descending)

Dji put a throttle lock ;-) where you can pushed left stick down and lock it so the quad can go down in a cruise control type of way

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

you can pushed left stick down and lock it so the quad can go down in a cruise control type of way
Only the P2V+ v3 remote controller has a throttle lock.

Don't be worrying, pull the left stick down all you want it won't shut off the motors as others have already said

Only the P2V+ v3 remote controller has a throttle lock.
First I ever heard of a "throttle lock". I did not know one of the controllers had such a thing. Interesting.
I am still a little leery of using full down throttle after my P2 crashed with the Vortex Ring (prop wash).
I am NOT worried about the motors shutting off. But once you lost your baby from VTR it makes you gun shy. So the P3 has a slow enough descent to not go into VTR?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.