Phantom 3 Professional gimbal doesn't work

Reaction score
I've made a re-shelling of my Phantom 3 Professional and all has gone well (starts and flyes very well) except for the gimbal. The camera 4k transmittes images but doesn't move. I've changed the camera, the flat cable (with another one bought on Ebay inside a broken camera) and only the motor of pitch movements. Is there anyone who can suggest me how can I repair the gimbal?

I've made a re-shelling of my Phantom 3 Professional and all has gone well (starts and flyes very well) except for the gimbal. The camera 4k transmittes images but doesn't move. I've changed the camera, the flat cable (with another one bought on Ebay inside a broken camera) and only the motor of pitch movements. Is there anyone who can suggest me how can I repair the gimbal?

Ping hunch uav at
612-414-3017

He is on this forum as well under the username hunch

The camera transmittes images, but the gimbal doesn't work: I don't know if the problem is the flat cable, the pitch, roll, yaw motors or the gimbal

I've bought a DJI original flat cable, but I'm not sure that this is the real problem so I've used one cable from another DJI camera. Probably this cable is not perfect because the camera from which I've detached has had a crash. Can you know a method to verify if the problem is the flat cable? Would you kindly suggest to me what to do? The camera transmits images and takes picture and movies, although is slow, but remains firm

The easiest way is to put the new cable on. This. Is why there are people that do this for a living. Experience is how they do it.

Reactions: hunch
I have the original DJI cable, but I've previously ordered the aftermarket one an so now I'm waiting for it because it's arriving in the next days sent from China: as soon as I'll mount it I'll write the results in this forum. I'd like to find a method which is able to tell me if the problem is the flat cable or one of the three motors. In other words I'd like to know if I have to buy another camera (very expensive solution) or not. I have another big problem: I've broken the little clip which fixes the flat cable to the camera so I'm searching for a new clip or another camera board with this little clip not broken or the whole camera. Is there anyone who can help me?

That crappy clip is a big problem. Did it break or just pop out? If u broke the white edge that holds it in u are done. That is not repairable. At least u did it on the camera, I did it on the main board. U may be able to find just the camera part on e bay. U can use either the Advanced or the pro camera itself. They are the same. The thing that makes it a pro or an advanced is the main board. This may be another case of call Hunch. He has all these parts and is reasonable. If the clip is just out save it. Hunch can put it back. They are a bear to put back. U can take the circuit board out of the camera with just 4 screws. Then use a magnifying glass to put the clip back. I have done it. Not fun and very frustrating,

Reactions: gwilliamIV
When I ordered a cable from China it took 6 weeks. Then it didn't work. The good news is u can get your money back from e bay. I can tell u are just like me. I MUST KNOW why it doesn't work and I will spend weeks trying to figure out why. I know if I send it to Hunch he will fix it in 5 minutes but that is not the point. Hunch does give advice if u just ask. He lives to fix these things. I am starting to feel the same way. Right now I have 3 that I have fixed and 2 that i am struggling with. I buy them on e bay and then beat my brains out fixing them. I am getting better for an old guy. I am 72.

Reactions: hunch
Thanks a lot for your suggestion: I've bought a crashed Phantom 3 Professional and changed the shell, one motor and one rear led. Now it flies. The band thing is that the 4k camera doesn't work. I've broken the crappy clip removing the flat cable and one or the four screws that fix the circuit board of the camera. How can I contact Hunch? I'm 62.

Just a moment. When you say "U can use either the Advanced or the pro camera itself. They are the same. The thing that makes it a pro or an advanced is the main board." What dos you intend and where is the "the main board"?
Thanks and greetings from Italy

yes, i've tried A LOT of 3rd party cheaper knockoff cables and it is 90% failure. i do to many gimbals and don't have time to hope
that the cable will work so i only use DJI original cables.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj