Phantom 3 Professional Firmware Update Problems

Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can help.

I just updated my P3 drone with 1.3.2 firmware and it did not end well. The drone didn't complete its cycle. Four red lights lit up, and the drone stopped making a noise. I power cycled it and now it just emits a continuous, ominous "beep beep beep beep".

The file said the update was successful - weird. See attached.

Any suggestions ?

Also where can I get service on it in New Zealand. Preferably Auckland. Would appreciate feedback.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    125 bytes · Views: 871
Hmmm...my text message just said "Success".

I notice that your file contained the words: upgrading.

Just thinking out loud here...
Have you tried doing the process again with a clean SD card, also did you un-zip the bin file.? Some guys are trying to update with a compressed file and it's not working.

:harry

Hmmm...my text message just said "Success".

I notice that your file contained the words: upgrading.

Just thinking out loud here...
Have you tried doing the process again with a clean SD card, also did you un-zip the bin file.? Some guys are trying to update with a compressed file and it's not working.

Thanks for your help

Tried again. Just beep beep beep beep
Definitely unzipped the file. Its 93.63mb

thats is strange. Quick question. I just updated and the phantom is updated but not sure the controller is. When I tried to update via mini usb on back of controller the blue light never came on like they said it should? I get a safe to fly on screen and controller light is solid green. How do I tell if the new update took on the controller. Wouldn't it tell me on the screen if things are not matched up with new update? Sure hate flying it until I can make sure its updated. Hopefully there is a way to see if new update is on controller.
HELP!!

Guys...

If you are having trouble updating your controller and you are using an iOS device I suggest you update your DJI Pilot app to the new DJI GO app.

After that is completed you can update your controller directly from the new app assuming your phone / tablet is connected to the internet.

The updating process is a very easy two step process. You'll be prompted to download the new FW and then to update your controller.

Here are the instructions from the DJI site:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/How_to_Update_Firmware_en.

I was skeptical but the update process was easy and quick, about 10 minutes in total.

Guys...

If you are having trouble updating your controller and you are using an iOS device I suggest you update your DJI Pilot app to the new DJI GO app.

After that is completed you can update your controller directly from the new app assuming your phone / tablet is connected to the internet.

The updating process is a very easy two step process. You'll be prompted to download the new FW and then to update your controller.

Here are the instructions from the DJI site:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/How_to_Update_Firmware_en.

I was skeptical but the update process was easy and quick, about 10 minutes in total.

well.....Just know that not all is easy. Note the following from DJI. My controller was an older version, i bought it in May 2015. I guess thats old? I had to install sd card in mini usb input on controller. Still didnt blink blue like they said it would. Very poor instructions.

FROM DJI
Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.

c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote controller is turned off.

d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping

sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade

the remote controller.

well.....Just know that not all is easy. Note the following from DJI. My controller was an older version, i bought it in May 2015. I guess thats old? I had to install sd card in mini usb input on controller. Still didnt blink blue like they said it would. Very poor instructions.

FROM DJI
Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:
a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.
b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.

c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote controller is turned off.

d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.
e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping

sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.
f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade

the remote controller.
Mine doesn't show blue either. How do you know it's done. I don't want to brick it.

Brick it??
Shut if off during the upgrade could kill it. I put in the USB and there is no indication there is an update going on. This is ********.

Still wanting help with the copter. The controller I have not yet touched. Any ideas on the copter guys - its just beep beep beep beep....cant get it to boot off the SD card. It just beeps at me

And my controller won't update. Put in the USB and nothing. And the iOS app is worthless.

And my controller won't update. Put in the USB and nothing. And the iOS app is worthless.

I checked the new app and sure enough the new update was listed. No blue light or anything. Did you check your DJI GO app and see if it installed the update 2.0.0 ?

I checked the new app and sure enough the new update was listed. No blue light or anything. Did you check your DJI GO app and see if it installed the update 2.0.0 ?
I downloaded from Apple. The remote is now beeping after being on for about 5 minutes. No blue light. I guess I'll wait until the beeping changes so I don't wreck it.

I downloaded from Apple. The remote is now beeping after being on for about 5 minutes. No blue light. I guess I'll wait until the beeping changes so I don't wreck it.

Just check the app after 10 min. It will tell you what Firmware update you have in the menu. Click camera icon then upper left button..scroll down you will see 3 dots click on that and it will list your current firmware update on both controller and App.

Update: Bad card reader adapter. Controller is now updating.

didn't blink and no text file confirmation. But when I launched the app with the bird on it said all was good. Took two indoor flights and a long one outdoors. All seems good. And now I hear the voice when it initializes. It stopped doing that the last update.

Good deal. i don't hear the voice and when I turn on it still says update needed but when I check on app it says it has the latest firmware. I took it out and flew it today and it flew well. But still no voice like before and still says in red need to update. But does say green display ..SAFE TO FLY
I have never flown indoors yet...still a bit risky for me. Gotta do that.

With the new update, I wonder where the voice went that speaks to you when you first turn on Phantom? no more atti mode....atti mode atti mode

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj