Phantom 3 Professional Displays "How to Connect" tab

Reaction score
Trying to use my iPhone or iPad mini with this drone. However, when I open the DJI app, the window displays the How To Connect and not the camera view I expect. Because I'm using an Apple product, I bought a cable converter so I could connect the RC to the iPhone. Perhaps that's the problem: wrong cable! This unit was recently refurbished so I "assume" it has the latest software installed. However, until I can access the camera mode I dare not try to change anything. I'm using the latest DJI App. Appreciate any insight.

Trying to use my iPhone or iPad mini with this drone. However, when I open the DJI app, the window displays the How To Connect and not the camera view I expect. Because I'm using an Apple product, I bought a cable converter so I could connect the RC to the iPhone. Perhaps that's the problem: wrong cable! This unit was recently refurbished so I "assume" it has the latest software installed. However, until I can access the camera mode I dare not try to change anything. I'm using the latest DJI App. Appreciate any insight.
My P3P was purchased as a refurbished unit and it did NOT arrive with the latest firmware. It's actually a couple of updates behind but runs just fine. Without the right cable, you won't be able to change anything.

Thank you. After sleeping on it, I tried another another cable approach and viola! I finally saw the camera screen! Once I could see the setup page, I checked the firmware. One component was outdated. Appreciate your reply. No doubt I will have other questions as I continue my learning curve! Good to know there's a forum where one can post even the dumb questions, knowing someone's "been there, done that" and doesn't mind sharing! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost