Phantom 3 profesional Playback on Sharp 4k TV?

Reaction score
I just bought the P3 professional and have really been enjoying it but can't play back on my sharp tv for my family to view. I tried to record in mp4 and use usb with no luck. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought the P3 professional and have really been enjoying it but can't play back on my sharp tv for my family to view. I tried to record in mp4 and use usb with no luck. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated.

You need a player. It can be software. There are some free downloads for playing back 4k. U must run on you computer with the output to your TV. Best to transfer the video from p3p to hard drive than playback through 4k player use external output to TV. It looks great!

You need a player. It can be software. There are some free downloads for playing back 4k. U must run on you computer with the output to your TV. Best to transfer the video from p3p to hard drive than playback through 4k player use external output to TV. It looks great!
What are you using?

Transfer the video over to your hard drive. An Intel HD 5500 GPU out to HDMI from MPC-HC X64 with H264/AVC filter plays perfect 4K,

I just put the 4k footage onto my portable 1tb HDD and plug into my 4k samsung tv and the video is perfect, remember you need to use usb 3.0 to stream 4k smoothly.

Hey guys- I've got a Sony 65" 4K...and I can run HDMI out of my Macbook Pro and the .mov looks great. But, It's a pain to drag my laptop out to my TV, as I typically have it sitting in my office hooked up to many things. Theres got to be a better way for 4K playback. I tried having the TV read the video file directly (mov and mp4) - neither worked when using a card reader. I hadn't even considered how much I wanted to instant gratification of TV playback in all of the 4K glory... Thoughts?

Hey guys- I've got a Sony 65" 4K...and I can run HDMI out of my Macbook Pro and the .mov looks great. But, It's a pain to drag my laptop out to my TV, as I typically have it sitting in my office hooked up to many things. Theres got to be a better way for 4K playback. I tried having the TV read the video file directly (mov and mp4) - neither worked when using a card reader. I hadn't even considered how much I wanted to instant gratification of TV playback in all of the 4K glory... Thoughts?

Ha,Ha the joys of a new technology. Something like Chrome Cast that does 4K would be perfect.

Reactions: Australis5
Ha,Ha the joys of a new technology. Something like Chrome Cast that does 4K would be perfect.

Hmm...as far as I can tell, Chromecast supports up to 1080P max. Roku is the same...and of course I know Apple TV isn't there. I may need to repurpose a Mac Mini to be a 4K server!

I have a Vizio M70-C3 4K TV that I'm setting up to read 4K P3P files off a network drive. I've figured out that the MP4 output from the P3P is encoded using H.264, whereas my TV is only able to decode H.265 MP4 files. I've been trying out different H.265 encoders. I've found DVDFab Video Converter works, but the trial version leaves a watermark and I'm having some problems trying to pay to buy it; currently I'm trying Handbrake.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl