Phantom 3 Pro w/HDMI out module - Use iPad?

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm far from an Apple GuRu so be patient with me here:

Is it possible to use the HDMI port (add on) to run the video feed to a 2nd iPad? My main feed goes to my iPad Mini2 but that's using the DJI Go ap (telemetry and all). I'm looking to see if I can use one of our older iPads as a 2nd video monitor via some type of HDMI to iPad cable/adapter. This would give me the ability to share the view with a spectator or let my Visual Observer help give a second set of eyes when needed.

I wanted to make sure this is possible/practical before ordering the correct cable to the iPad. For the record the spare iPad is an iPad2 (not mini) so it uses the larger flat connector which would look like this:
6ft Dock Connector to HDMI HDTV Cable Adapter Converter for iPhone 4 4S iPad 2 3

Thanks in advance.

Well thinking about it. With the digital adapter. Or lightning to hdmi adapter. I don't see how the input would got to 2nd iPad. If you were using something else I would say yes. Example HDMI goggles. Which has HDMI I out signal. I've never seen iPad with input signal from another device. Unless you have specific app for it. Like I can read sd card with a plug. But I must go through 3rd party app to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would be using the iPad2 simply as a TV (utilizing the HDMI out port added several months ago to the Tx). I know there are iPad2 to TV kits so I was thinking of doing the same thing here.

I'm not going from Transmitter to iPad Mini2 to iPad2.... I'm going Transmitter USB to iPad Mini2 and then using the HDMI module port to go HDMI to Ipad2. Hope that makes more sense.

Hmm it might work. Just can't say for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BigAl07
Considering that the video from your controller is showing on the iPad from the app, conceivably a developer could possibly write it into their software with an SDK to accomplish it.

I would contact the developers of each of the programs and throw the ball in their court to see if they could run with it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

There is already a way to get DUAL video out (it's a setting in the DJI Go Ap that is available after you install the HDMI output module). I just don't know what Ap from iPad will accept video IN.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20