Phantom 3 Pro Videofeed problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought Phantom 3 Pro used one, which has been used for 3 hours and has worked nicely.

Recently P3 started to lose video connection. I made small investigation and it might be the ribbon cable. When it turn the P3 sideways at the table or let it be, Video connection works but at the moment I tilt it, Video connection starts to show violet stripes etc. connection cuts off.

Does someone has alternative suggestions what to check? I would not like to send this one for 8 week repair tour for such a small thing.

I have the most recent firmware in all devices and I use IPhone 6s Plus.

5944ed5ee74f64024de5ffe472e3f9dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check that the cables on top of the gimbal are fully seated.

You mean these?

Something odd with that longer cables wire on the side? Is that normal?
0e5032b9e7565dd9b395c82eac67fd2a.jpg

I just noticed that camera wont save any taken images to SD card. Highlights seems to get that violet/purple color ( not an exposure warning) just Took screenshot. Well I hope its really just that one cable. Ill test it.

4dac13c7e9e1e7929a17105701333072.jpg

That looks like your issue. The bottom cable is crimped. You can get a replacement cable on Amazon or directly from DJI.
I agree.. Can't be 100% certain that's the issue, but that cable crimp certainly isn't right. You can also get the Cable Kit at B&H Photo in NYC.. They are also authorized dealer. It's a quick (aside from getting it) and easy thing to check to see if it is the issue. That crimp is in a really strange place to have occurred. It's almost like the camera was off the drone.. Perhaps someone (person you bought it from?) used a pair of pliers to help slide the cable into the bracket. It is a little tight up there. The other issue "could" be the ends of the black flex cable in the main board on top of the gimbal. There are two ends of the flex cable that go in there and attach to the board. There are two additional ends that are exposed and you can see if they are fully seated, and one going into the camera that can only really be seen with the back plate of the camera off.

That's odd. The crimp is so uniform... it almost looks melted.

Mike
Definitely looks like a tool of some sort with that small rounded area in the middle. I have no clue how "flat" those wires can be and still conduct the needed signals, but it's a really cheap and quick fix to try..

Hi,

After three weeks I got P3 back from repair service. That was very fast, considering it went to a another country.

Everything is fine now, customer service worked perfectly. Big thumbs up DJI, gonna stick with this brand.

Proforma invoice says:

4K camera, Phantom 3 top cover. 452€ totally, so its supposed to be changed totally. But camera does not look like new, it has few scratches in its body.

But Im happy, aicraft works nicely.

Definitely looks like a tool of some sort with that small rounded area in the middle. I have no clue how "flat" those wires can be and still conduct the needed signals, but it's a really cheap and quick fix to try..
Looks to me like it was crimped between the mounting plate and the drone body. That rounded area looks like a perfect match to that mounting hole by it.

Proforma invoice says:

4K camera, Phantom 3 top cover. 452€ totally, so its supposed to be changed totally. But camera does not look like new, it has few scratches in its body.

But Im happy, aicraft works nicely.

Jussi I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem as you are. I picked up a used P3p knowing of the problem. I did 3 video's all from the same drone and all are from my phone video feed. The first part you can see the very poor quality video, stage 2 is after I moved the antennas connections around on the transmitter. I did not pop them off, all unplugged the 2 cables going to the gimbal and reconnected them, the last one is I re-binded the controller to the drone it self. there seems to be a little loss in the video but not bad. I have since pulled the sensor and transmitter off and checked everything and reconnected the antennas and the cables I do want to note my flat cable was smashed under the upper plate also.that goes to the camera.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers