Phantom 3 Pro tries to fly off on launch.

Reaction score
So I purchased Litchi earlier last week on a beach trip for pano shots. Zero issues and the thing worked great. I then tried to fly last night on the top of a parking garage, where I have flown before, and immediately after hitting takeoff the phantom doesnt just go up 1.5 meters but tries to go full sprint forward. Luckily, I was able to fight it down so it smacked into the concrete structure. No damage except some worn props. This happened three second times and then Litchi gives me the error "cant verify license." This is a problem because I run it on a tablet and dont plan to have a permanent internet connection. I then ended up force stopping the app and trying 3 other times with the same result. I dont have waypoints setup. When I then tried the DJI app it started giving me problems and saying I needed to update the app. This has never happened before either.

1) any clue why it is trying to fly off? If it cant verify your license through the internet it crashes your phantom into a building?

2) why is any app forcing me to update it before I can use something I purchase?

I have had my Phantom 3 pro for over a year and this has never been an issue. I also record all of my flights on the Nvidia tablet. So I could post the errors if need be.

I then tried to fly last night on the top of a parking garage, where I have flown before, and immediately after hitting takeoff the phantom doesnt just go up 1.5 meters but tries to go full sprint forward.
1) any clue why it is trying to fly off? If it cant verify your license through the internet it crashes your phantom into a building?
This is what rings alarm bells right away: tried to fly last night on the top of a parking garage
Never launch from on top of steel or reinforced concrete.
You may have got away with it previously but there are way too many reports of similar accidents following launch from reinforced concrete.
You'll find an explanation in this thread: Looking for Trouble ??
2) why is any app forcing me to update it before I can use something I purchase?
The app might advise that updates are available but won't force anything.
If you don't want to update, make sure your device settings are not set so autoupdate.

I use Litchi a lot when I am out of internet range with no problems.
I'm guessing that maybe it needs to check just once and after that you'll have no issues?

I have flown from that garage on 4 other occasions. What I did find out however, is that Virginia Beach, not where I was at, has a significant amount of metal under the sand for a good 20 feet away from the boardwalk. I assume the beach is partially man made. At that point it threw an error and that was how I figured it out.

I will give it a try here this weekend. My backyard has no large metal plates under it or at least not near the surface.

Also, something else I considered is it maybe somehow keeping my original home lock from my prior flight on the beach about 500 yards away?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik