Phantom 3 pro or typhoon Q500?

Entirely subjective. View some of the different YouTube videos, especially the comparison videos.

I was in your same situation several weeks ago. I flew both and chose the P3P hands down over the Q500. Night and day different aircraft and you get a LOT of bang for your buck with the P3P.

One thing I would do differently ... I'd go with the P3A and save the extra cash for more batteries.

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Determining which is better is subjective. Seeing at this is a Phantom 3 forum, what do you think the answer if going to be. You're better off doing your own research, such as watching review and comparison videos. Not really all that hard...

Determining which is better is subjective. Seeing at this is a Phantom 3 forum, what do you think the answer if going to be. You're better off doing your own research, such as watching review and comparison videos. Not really all that hard...
When I'm researching a new "thing" and there happen to be user forums associated with the new "thing," I always go to those forums and ask users/owners their opinion of the "thing." That is all part of my research, as well as reading reviews and watching videos. I bet the OP, as part of his research, is asking the same question on the Yuneec forum.

As the owner of the first generation Q500, and a P3P as well as 3DR's Iris+ and Solo, I'd say if I was limited to one quad, it would be the Solo or the P3P over the Q500.
While the Q500 is a fine drone, it has its limits, slow, big, can't use the video feed for FPV due to the lag, doesn't have much distance, etc. The Phantoms and the Solo have the Q500 beat in those regards. But as far as smooth video that doesn't need a lot of post production, and the fact that a hand held gimbal is included with the Q500, and a Follow Me mode that works better than any other drone's, the Yuneec line of quads have some very nice features.
If your primary interest is filming subjects close by - like family in your backyard or at gatherings, the Q500 if a good choice. If you wish to do that and more, I'd go for a P3 or Solo.

When I'm researching a new "thing" and there happen to be user forums associated with the new "thing," I always go to those forums and ask users/owners their opinion of the "thing." That is all part of my research, as well as reading reviews and watching videos. I bet the OP, as part of his research, is asking the same question on the Yuneec forum.

Oddly enough, that's the last thing I do. I rarely, if ever, asks owners of a thing "which is better" because it's purely subjective, not to mention completely biased. But to each their own, be a follower or a leader...

Oddly enough, that's the last thing I do. I rarely, if ever, asks owners of a thing "which is better" because it's purely subjective, not to mention completely biased. But to each their own, be a follower or a leader...

Let's just say that the OP meant "I'm evaluating these two quadcopters. As I'm asking their opinion on another forum, I'd love to hear your opinion on the P3P here," and go from there. :)

Not everyone is an English major and that's okay; if we're intelligent enough, we can translate what the heart of the post really is and respond helpfully.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Another difference between us then, because when I see "Which is better" I take it for face value. I'm not in the habit of attributing what I believe is what they want when the statement is very clearly written out.

The other thing I don't do is go into a specific forum for a thing and ask such an obvious question when spending a few moments to peruse the discussions already there will yield me my answer. How many threads are there here that list people's opinions of their purchases. How many times must the same question be asked and answered over and over and over again in a forum.

Perhaps it's just me being an independent thinker, and one who can discern this information from the oodles and oodles of information already here about the very subject I'm researching. I guess not all people are self-sufficient.

Another difference between us then, because when I see "Which is better" I take it for face value. I'm not in the habit of attributing what I believe is what they want when the statement is very clearly written out.

The other thing I don't do is go into a specific forum for a thing and ask such an obvious question when spending a few moments to peruse the discussions already there will yield me my answer. How many threads are there here that list people's opinions of their purchases. How many times must the same question be asked and answered over and over and over again in a forum.

Perhaps it's just me being an independent thinker, and one who can discern this information from the oodles and oodles of information already here about the very subject I'm researching. I guess not all people are self-sufficient.
...perhaps. Not sure what I attribute your smugness to, but if it is your independent thinking, so be it.
I believe what you're saying is that the OP asking this question, in the manner he did, has been a complete waste of your time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Clipper707
Welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum, diegob. GoodnNuff's reply was super informative and he owns both.

Tell us why you want a drone and what you want to do with it. That may help us frame our answers, too.

Also, I'm curious about why you're not considering the 3DR Solo among your options.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.