Phantom 3 Pro motor swap.

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to changing out the original P3P motors to the newer style DJI put out? I believe I would have to change out the main board also. Just wondering if any advantages (besides having new motors) it is worth the cost. Thanks in advance.

Is there any advantage to changing out the original P3P motors to the newer style DJI put out? I believe I would have to change out the main board also. Just wondering if any advantages (besides having new motors) it is worth the cost. Thanks in advance.
They are nearly identical performance wise, so no real benefit.

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks. Didn't know if they were taller. May help get props out of camera view.

This post explains what actual differences are in performance (very little) :
New or old motors phantom 3
The motors aren't taller.
A significant negative for the idea of swapping motors is the fact that you'd also have to swap out the mainboard of the drone because the ESCs are not compatible.
The cost of 4 motors + new mainboard +effort isn't worth the very small change you might notice.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31