Phantom 3 Pro gimbal no movement after replacing ribbon cable

Reaction score
I have replaced these cables many times before, but this time the roll motor separated and ripped the cable. I bought a FStop Labs kit and rebuilt the arms and cable. The drone will power up, I see lights on the gimbal board, but the camera does no dance and is dead. Does a bad roll motor cause this behavior?

Check the alignment of the roll motor attached to the yaw arm. The " D " slot on the shaft should be facing up toward the gimbal circuit board. After a crash these almost always twist out of alignment. You can gently twist the shaft with needle nose vice grips until the motor is free. Then mix epoxy and use a toothpick to add the epoxy around the other side of the shaft where it inserts into to the yaw arm make sure the" D " is facing up.
One the circuit board check the potentiometer and check to see if any soldered pins broke loose. There are many great videos on YouTube that show the complete rebuild . Also forgot to mention, when replacing the gimbal cable use only a DJI cable. Yes , it costs twice as much as those on Amazon , but those cheaper cables are hit and miss . Not worth a complete tear down to save 20 bucks. I learned the hard way after a few.

Last edited:
And that's the truth. If the cable is not DJI it's a crapshoot. Good luck

any idea where to get original cable for phantom 3 standard in Australia? DJI wouldn't sell one separately, and no external repairer has them in stock :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers