Phantom 3 Pro Gimbal gone haywire

Reaction score
ok so turned George on last night to download the video/images i took yesterday evening and the gimbal is now doing this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the only thing i can see what i think is different is that the gimbal cable appears to be split

https://www.flickr.com/gp/21222901@N06/214XbU

any ideas?

is this back to DJI?

ok so turned George on last night to download the video/images i took yesterday evening and the gimbal is now doing this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

the only thing i can see what i think is different is that the gimbal cable appears to be split

20150721_112224

any ideas?

is this back to DJI?
Mine is doing the same exact thing. There are enough problems matching that if this was a car, it would be recalled!

You definitely need to send it back for repairs. When did this happen? Is it a new P3? Did you ever fly it?

pitch or roll sensor board has a bad potentiometer. easy fix with either replacement.

pitch or roll sensor board has a bad potentiometer. easy fix with either replacement.
Give us more clues or how to do it at home?

you will either need to replace P or R sensor board or re-solder a new potentiometer on the board(s).
if you are good at soldering then later will be the cheapest but you will also need to get a new potentiometer.
first start with identifying which sensor board it is so you will need to take the whole gimbal apart to get to P sensor board.
R is easy because it is in the back so it's a matter of taking 5 screws out and make the measurements.
in the middle position it should read between top connector and bottom 1 about 3.5kOhms. same for value between top connector and number 3 on the bottom.
if you have some crazy values in MOhms than that is your problem.
if not get to the P sensor board and repeat the measurements. it's one or the other.
looking at your video i would say it is P board.

you will either need to replace P or R sensor board or re-solder a new potentiometer on the board(s).
if you are good at soldering then later will be the cheapest but you will also need to get a new potentiometer.
first start with identifying which sensor board it is so you will need to take the whole gimbal apart to get to P sensor board.
R is easy because it is in the back so it's a matter of taking 5 screws out and make the measurements.
in the middle position it should read between top connector and bottom 1 about 3.5kOhms. same for value between top connector and number 3 on the bottom.
if you have some crazy values in MOhms than that is your problem.
if not get to the P sensor board and repeat the measurements. it's one or the other.
looking at your video i would say it is P board.
Thanks for your help!
I have identified a bad potentiometer on my r sensor board (its open). Do you have a part number, or know where I can purchase a new potentiometer?
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31