Phantom 3 Pro Distance Tests

Reaction score
So I did an unscientific distance test with my P3P, stock antenna, Maxx DBS, and Maxx DBS w/amps. They were done in front of my house with many homes around me so I imagine the wifi signals are crazy. I was flying towards open fields and farmland but I guess since I'm in the middle of wifi jungle it doesn't matter if I'm flying towards open fields, correct me if I'm wrong.

I plan on going somewhere wide open with nothing around and see what the distance can be with and without amps. Headed down to Florida next week, my dad lives right on the Intercoastal, might give it a try there and see what kind of distance I can get.

Stock was ok, only 7130 ft
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Maxx DBS was 9012 ft

Maxx DBS w/amps was 11004 ft

Special shout out to @JakeMaxxUAV, very helpful with helping place the order and answering any questions along the way.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
You haven't said what P3P do you have (W323, W323A, W323B), what RC you have (GL300A, B, C), what AC FW and RC FW you run. I see you're on Android with GO 3.1.4.
You really 'boiled' the battery at 136F / 58C during the longest flight 23m54s :) The battery is still recharging well after landing with it at 1% ? How many rechargings had this battery before this flight ?

You haven't said what P3P do you have (W323, W323A, W323B), what RC you have (GL300A, B, C), what AC FW and RC FW you run. I see you're on Android with GO 3.1.4.
You really 'boiled' the battery at 136F / 58C during the longest flight 23m54s :) The battery is still recharging well after landing with it at 1% ? How many rechargings had this battery before this flight ?

W323B
GL300C
The battery probably has 5 prior charges, I actually ran the battery to 0%, had the bird slightly above the ground and when the battery died it just landed/dropped to the ground.

Reactions: Quest-So
So I did an unscientific distance test with my P3P, stock antenna, Maxx DBS, and Maxx DBS w/amps. They were done in front of my house with many homes around me so I imagine the wifi signals are crazy. I was flying towards open fields and farmland but I guess since I'm in the middle of wifi jungle it doesn't matter if I'm flying towards open fields, correct me if I'm wrong.

I plan on going somewhere wide open with nothing around and see what the distance can be with and without amps. Headed down to Florida next week, my dad lives right on the Intercoastal, might give it a try there and see what kind of distance I can get.

Maxx DBS was 9012 ft

Special shout out to @JakeMaxxUAV, very helpful with helping place the order and answering any questions along the way.
Wow... I thought I was doing good going straight out for 2000 feet !!
Very impressive numbers... If I was getting range like that, I would not have any desire to upgrade to the P4P..

Maxx DBS was 9012 ft

Anytime bud! Happy to help! :)

Wow... I thought I was doing good going straight out for 2000 feet !!
Very impressive numbers... If I was getting range like that, I would not have any desire to upgrade to the P4P..

Yea pretty far, but there are people on here who have gone farther with just stock antennas, so many variables so I just went for the amps.

Yea pretty far, but there are people on here who have gone farther with just stock antennas, so many variables so I just went for the amps.
I have the upgraded antenna and I "want" the amps.. But I keep thinking as soon as the P4P shows a decent sale price and or if DJI ever releases a refurbished P4P, Im going to jump on it and then get jake to outfit the p4p with the boosters (if possible)....
Knowing that, I'm reluctant to sink anymore money in the p3p..

I have the upgraded antenna and I "want" the amps.. But I keep thinking as soon as the P4P shows a decent sale price and or if DJI ever releases a refurbished P4P, Im going to jump on it and then get jake to outfit the p4p with the boosters (if possible)....
Knowing that, I'm reluctant to sink anymore money in the p3p..

I hear you, I'm so hooked on these things I actually caught myself looking at the Mavic Pro and the antennas Jake can offer for it, if I bought that, my girlfriend would kill me!! Even though she's the one to blame for this addiction, she bought me a Standard for Xmas.

Not bad --- a stock P3P should get about 10,000 ft. max range --- so I assume the neighborhood WiFi was reducing yours to a degree

Geez , after reading yalls comments, I just might try to stretch mine a little farther.. I have good signal at 2000 feet, I just don't have the grapes to go beyond that....

Reactions: mamjn3
Trust me, going out that far had me extremely nervous, even though I try to fly over fields, I still "clinch up"!!!

As long as you find a proper flying location, there really is no need to be scared of a long distance test. The most important thing is to find a locale that is very flat with very few trees or buildings or cell towers to impede your signal. Then look for "safe landing zones" on the return flight that you can land in if the battery reaches a critical level (<10%). Your FPV live video should function all the way down to 1% battery level so you will have time to land in one of the safe landing zones and guide it down gently. If you live near the beach, this would be an ideal location since you can fly down 2 miles and safely land just about anywhere on the sand if the battery reaches critical levels.

Reactions: mamjn3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav