Phantom 3 pro controller no firmware

Reaction score
Just purchased a brand new phantom 3 pro , did the most recent update on the quad , but the controller is saying device disconnected , and there is no current firmware on it, tried plugging it into the quad , nothing , tried the usb to update it, nothing still . Currently has a red light . Guess I will contact Dji tomorrow and see whats going on , oh And I’m using an iPhone X as well , any help ?

Sounds like you need to rebind your controller with the aircraft. That is a common issue with the latest update. Search rebind phantom 3 controller on google.

Reactions: Oso
Just purchased a brand new phantom 3 pro , did the most recent update on the quad , but the controller is saying device disconnected , and there is no current firmware on it, tried plugging it into the quad , nothing , tried the usb to update it, nothing still . Currently has a red light . Guess I will contact Dji tomorrow and see whats going on , oh And I’m using an iPhone X as well , any help ?
Click here for some background and other very important information about the flight distance restrictions with 1.11.20. It includes a video on how to relink.

Also, if you are interested click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners. One of the tips is that using a USB to update the RC has not been the correct process for a couple of years. Its done with the app now. Perhaps you'll see a few other useful tips such as the most often referenced step by step instructions for updating FW.

Good luck and happy new year!

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I did the rebind process , on the app I can’t get past where it says connect your device , still showing device disconnected

I have the remote plugged into the quad , the light on the remote is flashing red and green , letting it be for a few to see what happens , it is the older remote , it’s the 300a model

So you have a brand new P3P that came with a 300A controller? Did it work well before you updated the AC? Which versions of FW did you have on the AC and the RC before making changes? I'm asking because there is a different process for updating older FW which may be in play if you have new old stock.

I'm not sure why you'd be plugging the RC into the AC. Are you following the step by step instructions I gave you the link to earlier?

I bought it from Ebay , I did not try it before update because I read to update it before you fly it , and I did follow the steps in the instructions you sent and still had the same end result , I plugged the rc into the AC because that was one thing I read to try if it wouldn’t update via the usb or the app , I’m calling DJI today to see if they can hopefully shed some light on my issue , I appreciate everyone’s input so far !!!

So I just spoke to Dji , waiting on the supervisor to call back , so currently the led on both the drone and remote are flashing red and green , can’t get anything to come up on the app at all

how did you get a brand new pro with the A controller?

how did you get a brand new pro with the A controller?

I’m not sure but it’s brand new in the box , still was sealed and everything , I was told it was a few months old, he purchased it and never took it out of the box . Still waiting to hear back from Dji supervisor, I’m sure it’s something simple , at least I hope it is [emoji120][emoji120]

this is the oposite of what people say that i hav seen who said to do this before? link?

I don’t recall exactly , I saw a few YouTube clips that stated check and do any updates before flight, I figured it had been sitting in the box so who knew what was on it , any input on what to do next or any tricks to get it going would be greatly appreciated

5877f49f7c994addfe3f838fee6c74ed.jpg
this is what my dji go app says when I hold on the 3 lines in the top right corner

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers