Phantom 3 Pro Controller Charging problem

Reaction score
I have not flown in several years and am now trying to get my Phantom 3 Pro up and running again. The Controller fails to charge. Anyone have information as to why?

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
In addition to my phantom 3 pro controller not being able to hold a charge my phantom 4 also has the same problem. My question to you all is if you could only repair or replace one of the controllers would it be the 3 or the 4? Your thoughts are appreciated.

In addition to my phantom 3 pro controller not being able to hold a charge my phantom 4 also has the same problem. My question to you all is if you could only repair or replace one of the controllers would it be the 3 or the 4? Your thoughts are appreciated.
If you have the original P4, you may have an RC which could control both your P3P and your P4. What are the model numbers of your two RCs? If one or both of them are GL300C, check if one of them is Ver.B which is very important. See a picture in the compatibility chart post linked below for more info on that.

Here is a Controller Compatibility Chart that I first put together in April 2018.

Another important consideration are your AC batteries. We very frequently also warn about leaving them unattended for long periods of time so as not to suffer the same fate as your RCs have suffered. If you have any working AC batteries, that may be the deciding factor for which RC you choose to try saving.

Last edited:
If you have the original P4, you may have an RC which could control both your P3P and your P4. What are the model numbers of your two RCs? If one or both of them are GL300C, check if one of them is Ver.B which is very important. See a picture in the compatibility chart post linked below for more info on that.

Here is a Controller Compatibility Chart that I first put together in April 2018.

Another important consideration are your AC batteries. We very frequently also warn about leaving them unattended for long periods of time so as not to suffer the same fate as your RCs have suffered. If you have any working AC batteries, that may be the deciding factor for which RC you choose to try saving.

Wow. Good to know. Thanks for that information. They are the same number but I don’t know if version B. I can’t hook up to anything to get the information. My AC batteries seem to be able to charge. Thank you for the help.

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31