Phantom 3 Pro Controller Antenna Upgrade

Reaction score
I'm new here and I searched the old threads but didn't see this topic. I've been flying for two years (p2 and now P3Pro)

Does anyone here have experience with Remote Controller Antenna upgrades? I saw one, a bit expensive, that boasts of extending range to 4+ miles. Obviously with the LOS regulations that is a bit much but I fly in forested areas and do research with my P3Pro so maybe the few times I lose signal the boost may help.

The one I was looking at is from a company in Cali but I live in Florida and haven't seen anyone offering such nearby.

Welcome to the site!

You might search "windsurfer" and read up on that. It's the cheapest and easiest antenna mod and it might solve your problem.

I'm new here and I searched the old threads but didn't see this topic. I've been flying for two years (p2 and now P3Pro)

Does anyone here have experience with Remote Controller Antenna upgrades? I saw one, a bit expensive, that boasts of extending range to 4+ miles. Obviously with the LOS regulations that is a bit much but I fly in forested areas and do research with my P3Pro so maybe the few times I lose signal the boost may help.

The one I was looking at is from a company in Cali but I live in Florida and haven't seen anyone offering such nearby.
Your joking right!!!flying for two years and new to this forum!!
Live in florida but never heard of the best antenna maker in the world, FPVLR,who is from Florida!!
And you live in Florida but never read about "Unknown Caller" who posts here and also LIVES in Florida AND uses the best antennas in the world, FPVLR, from Florida.
Alright, your jus jokin, thats cool!

Your joking right!!!flying for two years and new to this forum!!
Live in florida but never heard of the best antenna maker in the world, FPVLR,who is from Florida!!
And you live in Florida but never read about "Unknown Caller" who posts here and also LIVES in Florida AND uses the best antennas in the world, FPVLR, from Florida.
Alright, your jus jokin, thats cool!

Welcome to the site!

You might search "windsurfer" and read up on that. It's the cheapest and easiest antenna mod and it might solve your problem.

Thanks, I don't think I can use that method as I had a mishap yesterday and had an ogre moment. knocked an antenna loose

I bought my P3P through Drone World. They offer a range upgrade. Its expensive, but I opted to get it. When compared to my buddies P3P, I do get better range and a much better signal at range compared to stock but is it worth the money? I'm not sure yet, but the fact that it keeps the factory warranty is why I got it. The biggest thing I notice on my setup vs his stock one is that it can maintain a signal much better through outside interference. In our first range test, under IDEAL conditions, his stock was able to make an amazing 3.5 miles. I did 4.5 before the battery hit 50% and I turned around. Could have gone farther but didn't have the battery power. There is a lot more WiFi where he normally flies and he can't get much past 5k'. Here on the ranch we have no such interference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik