Phantom 3 - Parachute System

Reaction score
Has anyone been using one or testing one testing one out? Obviously the DJI one is way too big, but maybe there is one out there suited to the Phantom?

These things are mechanical and things do happen. Would be good on some of the more difficult shoots to have a parachute back up if the worse was to happen.

Nope

Has anyone been using one or testing one testing one out? Obviously the DJI one is way too big, but maybe there is one out there suited to the Phantom?

These things are mechanical and things do happen. Would be good on some of the more difficult shoots to have a parachute back up if the worse was to happen.
A guy from Mars Parachutes told me they'll have a system for the P3 ready in October....

I watched the video on their site. I was not impressed by the parachute effectiveness, the phantom still fell pretty fast with decent impact when it hit the ground.

Reactions: Altanore
I watched the video on their site. I was not impressed by the parachute effectiveness, the phantom still fell pretty fast with decent impact when it hit the ground.

Would help reduce injuries if flying over people... and that big orange target would make your bird easier to find!

the weight is 103g (87g is parachute and the remain is mount system)
mount part is 3d-printed and available on thingiverse.com for free (try "parachute phantom 3")
release is servo and the spring in new version (it's rubber stripe on video, but it's no more used and will be updated on thingiverse soon).
Along with less weight it has bigger parachute (50") while MARS has 36" only. And 33dev system is cheaper.

the weight is 103g (87g is parachute and the remain is mount system)
mount part is 3d-printed and available on thingiverse.com for free (try "parachute phantom 3")
release is servo and the spring in new version (it's rubber stripe on video, but it's no more used and will be updated on thingiverse soon).
Along with less weight it has bigger parachute (50") while MARS has 36" only. And 33dev system is cheaper.

How is it activated please?

How is it activated please?
I have installed Stop Flyaway, it cuts the power from phantom's electronics (to stop props) and directs it to the parachute system. I just wanted to have independent channel to activate parachute in case of flaway (when original rc can't control phantom), so now I have separate rc in my pocket and in case of any problems I press the button, phantom stops, parachute releases.

I have installed Stop Flyaway, it cuts the power from phantom's electronics (to stop props) and directs it to the parachute system. I just wanted to have independent channel to activate parachute in case of flaway (when original rc can't control phantom), so now I have separate rc in my pocket and in case of any problems I press the button, phantom stops, parachute releases.

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4