Phantom 3 or F450 FPV upgrade?

Reaction score
I have a DJI F450 with Naza M2 which I am very attached to, and I am finally ready to go FPV. But I’ve got a bit of a dilemma.

I like the idea of all the things Lightbridge has to offer but it’s too expensive. I’m looking at an Immersion Tx with Boscam monitor and Rx, plus an H4-3D with Hero 4 (so I will finally get an upgrade to my Hero 1 which I got a lot of use out of for non-aerial stuff).

All these upgrade items together cost as much as a new Phantom 3 which seems to offer everything in one package, including maximum functionality out of Lightbridge (more than if I added standalone Lightbridge to my F450) and a camera that should not disappoint even if I liked the wideangle of the GoPro (and wasn’t too fussed about its fisheye distortion).

So it seems like a no brainer to go for a P3 instead of trying to upgrade my F450 to analogue FPV. I’d keep the F450 just for mucking about and teaching my kids how to fly.

Am I missing something here, or is their good reason to upgrade the F450 for the same price as a P3?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Thanks Meta4, good to have a definitive answer! Was quietly wondering if P3 components are diluted in quality to make that range of features available at that price level. I haven’t seen anyone suggesting P3 to be a downgrade from say Naza Mv2 and H4-3D. That must be the power of mass production.

It's DJI making things very difficult for the other makers that were trying to launch competing drones back around the same time.
It's a bad time to be trying to launch another drone but a great time to be shopping for a new one..

They did this with the P1.
They priced it originally so they would only break even to make it hard for any competitors to make a profit. The P1 took off and they sold massively so DJI made lots of $$ anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20